Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Hand mixer died..24 years of service

Mine is kitchen aid and will be 30 years in June. Wow, still works great.

Honored Contributor

@ProudMa wrote:

Sigh...so I went to Amazon to find a replacement...all the better models..name brands...are sold out...can get some odd ball items, all with bad reviews

Tried Home Depot, Kitchen Aid site, Black and Decker site Hamilton Beach site...same story. Only thing available is junk , some with PLASTIC beaters....yikes

I need a dough hook...so I guess Im looking for a two headed puppy...doesnt exist

With the pandemic many more folks must be baking...

Oh well...

@ProudMa , Check Amazon again, there is a Cuisinart 9 speed with attachments available on Prime. $ 79.95.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I have an avocado Sunbeam hand mixer from 1974 and it still works. I got this with S&H green stamps!

Last year, I purchased a Kitchenaid in Red from QVC or HSN. I think it came with dough hooks.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

I have an avocado Sunbeam hand mixer from 1974 and it still works. I got this with S&H green stamps!

Last year, I purchased a Kitchenaid in Red from QVC or HSN. I think it came with dough hooks.

Oh my goodness I remember S&H green stamps.  In San Diego we had a S&H store.  I can't remember how the stamps were earned but you could go the store and buy nice things.  I remember paintings and home decor.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We had s&h stamp stores here in the 70’s.  Maybe plaid stamps too.  Earned stamps at the grocery store.  I know my mom got a potable charcoal grill and a lamp I think.  

Super Contributor

My mom moved in w me a few years ago , she brought her Hamilton Beach hand mixer her nana gave to her at her bridal shower .  I used it 1x to make frosting , and it broke.  It seized up after 35 years ,, I felt so bad ! 

Esteemed Contributor

Like others have said, I still have and use the Sears electric hand mixer I got as a wedding gift in 1969.  I keep it in its original box, too.  They sure don't make 'em like they used to!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

I ordered a Cusinart with dough hooks frm Amazon in November. ....never again!  It was shipped in just the flimsy box you would see on a store shelf...died the first time I used it.  I ordered the Cusinart 9 speed mixer with dough hooks from Bed Bath and Beyond and used curbside pickup. It seems to be a work horse so far....handled all my Christmas cookie dough and has been used several times for pizza dough. Still early days I know but I do recommend it.

Respected Contributor

Unless you are buying a mixer for a 1 time use I would not buy from Walmart.  Many small appliances on Amazon and Ebay are counterfiet.

You are better off at Target or WS.

Honored Contributor

Wow!That is more years of service than even a good man can give😄