Trusted Contributor

I agree with the arrows on the floor! Who looks at the floor, we're all looking at the shelves.

I like the way Costco did it, tables with a ONE WAY sign on them so you don't accidently roam in the wrong way.

I am happy you survived  I'll be going to senior hour on Friday.

Respected Contributor

This post made me laugh so hard!  Thank you!  I too feel a bit crazed and rushed while shopping and I did a whole trip through the store and only noticed the arrows as I checked out!  Oops.  My bad.  

Honored Contributor

The thing about the one way signs is if you forget something do you have to go back through the whole store again?

Honored Contributor

I am watching GMA and there are so many people depending on food banks.  They are showing lines and lines of people waiting for food, in different states and cities.  I guess people who can still afford to go to a grocery store are blessed.  Seeing this has made me more thankful for the little things.

Honored Contributor

Don't feel bad about the not paying thing. 

Both my husband and my best friend, in much better times than these, have gone into the gas station, pre paid for the pump, came out and got in the car and drove away, forgetting to actually pump the gas!

Minds elsewhere, and used to things a certain way (we come from the generation where you pumped first then paid), and it leads to doing silly things!

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   I went to a local kroger's yesterday. Not, many shoppers, it was around 930A. I didn't need many things, many soppers had both gloves & masks of some sort as did I. Like you, what a hassle with one of DH's work hankies over my face. I too wear glasses, they kept steaming up, I kept needing to adjust my mask.

Many employees working, stocking shelves wh ich were already pretty stocked including toilet paper, not much but it was there with no limit sign either.

There were no 'one-way' arrows so shoppers were sort of willy nilly. Few were observing the 6ft spacing, others not, some blocking the aisles like they owned it. It was annoying for others of us.

Got to the checkout line, there were plexiglass shields in front of the cashiers but none had gloves nor masks on. NONE of the baggers had gloves nor masks on. After my bagger touched my green onions that were also alrady in a bag, I politely said that I'll bag my own groceries. Bagger said 'but I washed my hands', to which I politely said but you don't have gloves nor a mask on. All of a sudden an apparent female store manager said to bagger "it's okay, it's okay. While I'm still bagging, she came out to all of the baggers and passed out masks to them, STILL NO GLOVES.

I left, I was p*ssed off that NONE of the employees had gloves nor masks on especially the baggers. Why are they not wearing protective gear that we're ALL told to wear, though our leaders say they won't wear them.

I also wiped down everything I bought before I put my items away. I also wipe down all my mail and packages I received BEFORE I bring them into the house. I wipe down my mailbox, the handles, the inside, my door handles. everything.

My mailman never has gloves nor mask on either. Wouldn't you think for their own safety they would want to wear at least gloves?

I'm beyond trying to understand any of this of humans.

Honored Contributor

Harrowing just trying to get through the stores with one cart let alone two. Did someone go with you? @tends2dogs 

I used to enjoy going to the grocery store along with DH. He does not go, I will not elt him as he's a 4time cancer survivor. I go to the store with list in hand and buzz through as fast as I can just to get out and be alone and away from others.

I can't stand to be out among people anymore in this mess.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Grocery Store Trip

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

The thing about the one way signs is if you forget something do you have to go back through the whole store again?

@CelticCrafter  No, not the whole store. You go back to the begining of the aisle, where all the aisles start (either end) where the item you forgot is located and if the arrow is pointing the way you have to go your good, forge ahead. If it's not pointing the way you need to go just go to the next aisle over, make the trek to the end and hang a turn to head down the aisle where your item is located. Hope that made sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio 

Bwaahaaahhhaa, that is funny. The worst thing I did was a couple of months before this whole thing started was at the same Stop & Shop. I was so busy yapping to the person using the do it yourself one that was next to mine that I finished up and kept talking to her as we walked out.......guess what, I got all the way to my car without noticing that I had an empty cart. Yep, left all my packed bags at the end of the belt. Now that was embarrassing!

@Mominohio wrote:

Don't feel bad about the not paying thing. 

Both my husband and my best friend, in much better times than these, have gone into the gas station, pre paid for the pump, came out and got in the car and drove away, forgetting to actually pump the gas!

Minds elsewhere, and used to things a certain way (we come from the generation where you pumped first then paid), and it leads to doing silly things!

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

Well the helper girl, ya know how at the self checkouts there is always an employee close by in case you screw something up......the one who had been looking for me.....had neither on. I didn't take notice of any of the other employees wearing them nor if they had the sheilds.

Geez I haven't been wiping down mail nor packages. Guess I should start. One of my sons is a mail carrier and he's never mentioned to me that I should. Maybe he's giving me too much credit assuming I do that. He does use a mask and gloves himself though. In fact he came and cleaned me out of about 90% of what I had here at the house. My  own mail carrier and every package delivery person, UPS or FedEx who has delivered here has been wearing both mask & gloves.