Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  Actually I rolled up to the check out with one FULL basket, but as they bagged it, it ended up in two.  A young man pushed out one of them for me.  My DH was in the truck waiting and pulled up to help me load it.  He is also a cancer surviver.  He had cancer for 10 years of treatments and ultimately went on to have a bone marrow transplant over ten years ago.  He is cured, but why expose both of us.  I think I can do it faster by myself.

Anything I forgot we will live without or I will have delivered.  Glad you made it through the trenches.  It is rough out there! Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@shaggygirl   I went to a local kroger's yesterday. Not, many shoppers, it was around 930A. I didn't need many things, many soppers had both gloves & masks of some sort as did I. Like you, what a hassle with one of DH's work hankies over my face. I too wear glasses, they kept steaming up, I kept needing to adjust my mask.

Many employees working, stocking shelves wh ich were already pretty stocked including toilet paper, not much but it was there with no limit sign either.

There were no 'one-way' arrows so shoppers were sort of willy nilly. Few were observing the 6ft spacing, others not, some blocking the aisles like they owned it. It was annoying for others of us.

Got to the checkout line, there were plexiglass shields in front of the cashiers but none had gloves nor masks on. NONE of the baggers had gloves nor masks on. After my bagger touched my green onions that were also alrady in a bag, I politely said that I'll bag my own groceries. Bagger said 'but I washed my hands', to which I politely said but you don't have gloves nor a mask on. All of a sudden an apparent female store manager said to bagger "it's okay, it's okay. While I'm still bagging, she came out to all of the baggers and passed out masks to them, STILL NO GLOVES.

I left, I was p*ssed off that NONE of the employees had gloves nor masks on especially the baggers. Why are they not wearing protective gear that we're ALL told to wear, though our leaders say they won't wear them.

I also wiped down everything I bought before I put my items away. I also wipe down all my mail and packages I received BEFORE I bring them into the house. I wipe down my mailbox, the handles, the inside, my door handles. everything.

My mailman never has gloves nor mask on either. Wouldn't you think for their own safety they would want to wear at least gloves?

I'm beyond trying to understand any of this of humans.

@PINKdogWOOD - gloves, to be honest, are pretty much useless.  You put them on clean, and the very nanosecond you touch the very first item, they are compromised. You would need to literally change them before you touch each new item. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I went shopping yesterday afternoon, stopped at Walmart, had an Anglesoft display, limit two. I only got food for the ferals, used self checkout so don't know about cashiers and masks. Lots of shoppers wearing masks, some cowboy style bandannas. It felt like being in a wesrern.

Bypassed Aldi because the lot was full and they were limiting numbers of who could enter. Stopped at Big Lots, only place I can find my sweet&salty popcorn, they had toilet paper, limit two then on to the grocery store. 

No drama anywhere, people were keeping a distance and cashiers were wearing masks.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   Bless your son for (1) being a mail carrier out in the ugly forces of all we're dealing with, and (2) especially for wearing gloves & a mask. He must keep hiself safe from all he can.

Honored Contributor

I will never stop foot in a supermarket, never until this long over with.  I paid for a year of free Instacart delivery.  That should cover it.

All mail is opened on the porch.  All letters are put in a separate tray.  All packages are opened on the porch.  Packages for my husband are put in a separate bin.  I rigged up a plastic bin for supermarket bags after they are delivered.  Wear gloves handling all packages & letters.  My mailman wears gloves all the time and a mask.  Every time I go out side, even for a minute....we wash our hands.  Singing a song twice.