Valued Contributor

Re: My Goodness! This feels so good.

It may also depend on if your apt. is between other apts. keeping your walls warmer. 

Esteemed Contributor

You'll soon be turning it off again, as we are predicted to get 40 degree weather later this week! Won't that feel tropical from what we've been having!?

Honored Contributor

She must live in in FL...

Honored Contributor

@luvnlife wrote:

It may also depend on if your apt. is between other apts. keeping your walls warmer. 

Not when it's this cold.  If you live in an apartment, you know that you have to keep your heat on in the winter to keep the pipes between floors from freezing.  You'd keep your heat on 65 even if you are going on vacation because you wouldn't want to come home to flood.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She must live in in FL...

No, I live in Pennsylvania and it was really cold.  I live in a high rise and my apartment is somewhere in the middle and facing south.  Generally, I don't need much heat and I never turn the heat on in the bedroom.  

But yesterday was very cold and I just forgot.

No pipes have been broken.

I know this all sounds stupid and it is.  But today I am nice and warm and cozy.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM

In the early 1970's we lived in Bryn Mawr, PA while DH was in law school.  The apartment building had 5 floors and was old construction. 

We lived in the center of the third floor and had to keep our shoes on in the winter because the hear below us kept our carpet very hot.  Too, we kept the storm door to the little balcony slightly ajar: way too hot in the winter.

Wonder if it still is like that now....?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@CLEM

In the early 1970's we lived in Bryn Mawr, PA while DH was in law school.  The apartment building had 5 floors and was old construction. 

We lived in the center of the third floor and had to keep our shoes on in the winter because the heat below us kept our carpet very hot.  Too, we kept the storm door to the little balcony slightly ajar: way too hot in the winter.

Wonder if it still is like that now....?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

These nights have certainly been at least 2-dog nights!

dogs-in-bed.jpg

Respected Contributor

@jlkz  That apartment where you lived in Bryn Mawr sure sounds as if it has been uncomfortable.  I have not heard anything that extreme before and I sure hope all the old placed have been updated and made more comfortable.  But I don't know.  You never know with places that rent to students.

Where did your husband go to law school?   Have you been back since those days?