Respected Contributor

My Goodness! This feels so good.

I live in an apartment in Philadelphia and it's pretty cold today.  Well, I got up this morning and started working around the place, took a shower, had lunch, etc.  All of a sudden I felt cold and wondered why.  Well, I had never turned my heater on all day.   Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Just turned it on and it sure feels good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Goodness! This feels so good.

You had to turn it “on”? What was it doing off to begin with?

Honored Contributor

I assume you mean a small heater that just supplements your main heating.  I can't believe anyone would turn of their main heat in the arctic cold we've been having.

Honored Contributor

I liked the subject line

Honored Contributor

@SharkE First I read the post.....somehow I thought it might be you.  Ha!  Then I looked to see....yepper it's @SharkE

Honored Contributor

My heat has been on for the last two weeks, there are Winters that we turn it on 10 times, but the cold has been brutal around here

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

We have heating units that are inset below the window in every room.  It functions as an airconditioner in summer and a heater in winter.  I have seen these in hotels.  They are easy to control and heat up or cool the room in no time.

In summer it's always on but I don't need the heat on all the time; hence I forgot.

Honored Contributor

My husband was walking the dog about 6AM this morning. He said every house had the furnace going. It is 7 degrees right now ( I live right outside Philadelphia).

Stay warm, Clem.

Valued Contributor

When we were first married, my husband and I rented a second-floor apartment in a four-unit building.

We never turned our own heat on the whole two years we lived there; the tenants on the first floor ended up with the heating bills, as the heat from the first floor "rose" enough to heat our unit.

Honored Contributor

you lived in Florida or Mexico ?