Frequent Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

@Laura14  I enjoy your threads and understand you completely but it's been my experience that Jack Russels and chihuahua are some of the most annoying yappers around.  My neighbor who has sinced moved away had a Jack Russel and such an adorable dog yet produced such an annoying sound most of the day and night. Was so glad when he moved on to his next new neighbor to contend with that noise!!!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

I'm inclined to agree although one could make a case to their employer that an emotional support dog is needed because of their mean ol boss who is not happy with their work. @Sooner  *hahahaha*

Honored Contributor

@zumka My brother in law had two of them.  Lovely dogs but hyper!!!  I know what you mean.  I gave up an apartment once after a girl left her beagle to howl all night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14, there are any number of restaurants, especially along the west coast beach towns, where dogs are welcome to dine in the patios.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy Unfortunately not part of the license here.

Honored Contributor

My only negative dog experiences have been with chihuahuas, primarily because their owners thought their barking and desire to bite was cute. Um. No.

I see no reason to conclude a lack of professionalism in this office or society in general based on this specific incident. Of course, the irony is posting about it while at work. 😉

@Laura14, have you worked there very long? You don’t seem very happy. I know you would prefer to work as a pharm tech but can’t right now based on money. Maybe that unhappiness is impacting your opinions on your co-workers? It certainly would affect me. I’d probably be a mixture of sad and angry.
Honored Contributor

You know how it is Laura. If we're not posting here, then we're out saving the world!!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know me @Lucky Charm.  I have to give certain people their daily dose or their happy place is just not attainable.  LOL  Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

@bikerbabe  Thank you for your kind words.  Actually I am not miserable.  I know humor doesn't always translate but I also do not think an office is a place for a pet dog especially a place where people are actually paying for access. 

If I was still at the welding school or machine shop, bring it.  I just grew up in a different working world where the clientele and your appearance towards them still mattered.  Can you imagine walking into a bank and seeing that sign by the branch manager or teller's station?  I guess you know you're getting old when...Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

What about service dogs though? They present the same cocnerns about fears, allergies and, despite their cuteness, their lack of boundaries and jumping all over you., peeing on floors etc. Service dogs can't be denied access though, nor should they. It is going to be an issue.

Trusted Contributor

@esmeesmerelda  I have thought the same many times... she's always online.   They should be complaining about her.