Honored Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

I'm not in favor of bringing dogs to work unless there are extenuating circumstances.

That said, I do think that the OP needs to roll with the punches life gives to all of us on a daily basis. In other words, deal with it if it should become an ongoing problem.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Aw, c'mon people.  Please stop picking on @Laura14.  I think she just likes to get conversations started with her posts, even though they may not be significant events or problems to most of us here.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I don't think 28lbs is large & the dog is not in the restaurant if it is in her office. I love dogs more than some people so I would not have a problem with it.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

So what happens when someone has a service dog?  I've worked in more than one place that had employees with service dogs.  Never caused anyone any problems.

Exactly.  And service dogs aren't even in an office, they are at their owner's desk and they walk around the office all day with their owner. 

Honored Contributor

@2blonde  Please ignore them.  I do and it feels great!  Smiley Happy 

If they want to give a stranger's post an agenda it does not have, let them have their fun.  Who are we to stomp on their joy for the day? That's really what rolling with the "actual" punches is all about.  Smiley Very Happy   

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

28 lbs definitely not a big dog. One of my coworkers has 2 Rottweilers. They’re both males and around 115 lbs, big dogs 😁and total sweethearts. 

Are you you not a dog person? Dogs bark.  Why would that scare you? 

Unless your GM intends to take the dog to the cafeteria, just the fact that there is one, in the building, shouldn’t be a big deal. 

I guess I just dont see this as a problem. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@mima wrote:

I haven't been here much so I don't know if there is a background story to go with this or what.

28 pounds is not a big dog.

I don't get the point of the post. 

It’s just a constant litany of complaints about something...

Yes, C O N S T A N T!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK  It scared me because I am not expecting a dog in my place of business and it's one of those deep gutteral barks.  Usually if a dog is barking, they are warning you to back off or coming for your behind.  It's a basic human reaction when you are not at home with your own pets.

And it's not a cafeteria downstairs.  It is a nice sit down restaurant that people pay good money to have access to eat in.  If I was dining or entertaining a client and heard a dog barking above me, I'd be a bit questioning as to why.  

Good news is the dog is gone.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

28 pounds is a big dog?????  ROFLOL

I work in a smaller office.  My boss had a boxer he used to bring in periodically.  The dog had the run of the office.  We've also had clients who brought in dogs.  Once a German Shepherd, once a Doberman.  It was warm and they had to stop in here and didn't want to leave the dog in the car.

I don't care about dogs being in an office.  My dog would curl up on the floor and sleep.  I could walk out and leave her in here and you'd never hear a peep out of her.

As far as the dog not going outside, people do work all day and leave their dogs at home so the dog isn't going out for 8 hours, maybe a little more.