Honored Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

I am not going near the dog for a picture.  She could barely hang onto the leash this morning when they were coming up the stairs.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@JBKO wrote:

As long as it isn't a constant thing, I don't see the problem. Honestly, I'd rather have doggies around than some of my human comworkers. 

I'd rather have a dogs in the office than yelling, screaming, whining, fighting kids.  

Or whining co-workers.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

The dog is in a private office with the door closed and big old warning sign on the door.  So...n chance of any of that happening.  Good grief, if the dog was going to bark all day, she wouldn't have stashed him in her office.  People know their own dogs.

Honored Contributor

Maybe still an "Ugly Christmas Sweater", just trying to get all the use out of it the dog can.  Field trip to the office.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@mima wrote:

I haven't been here much so I don't know if there is a background story to go with this or what.

28 pounds is not a big dog.

I don't get the point of the post. 

It’s just a constant litany of complaints about something...

@Bri369

Truth.

Ironically so much of the complaints are about the job even while posting all day on social media while being paid to work.

THIS

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

The dog is in a private office with the door closed and big old warning sign on the door.  So...n chance of any of that happening.  Good grief, if the dog was going to bark all day, she wouldn't have stashed him in her office.  People know their own dogs.

@chrystaltree  Actually no they don't.  The dog has been whining for the better part of an hour now because she is constantly leaving him alone.  And I get to listen to it.  I haven't seen the dog go out to the bathroom all day either which is beyond my comprehension.  

If you're going to do it for any reason, you should be attentive and respect the animal.  They don't deserve to be in a small office all day without you there.  

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I worked in a small office where there were always at least 3 dogs almost every day.  

Sometimes 5.  And they all weighed a lot more than 28 lbs  Except for the Jack Russell and the chihuahua.  I loved having them around.

I don't understand what the big deal is.

There is no big deal.  That's the need-problem that caused this story:  "You just can't make my life up."  One thing is for certain, another non-event will occur that will be unique to her life and we'll all be filled in because "You just can't make my life up." when that need hits again.

Respected Contributor

Hmm , A 28 pound dog is considered small dog.
Dogs at a work place? That has never happened to me any where I have worked. The dog is barking because he's upset. The dog is probably harmless.

Honored Contributor

Well she must have heard me posting because the dog is now free and on his way home!

Respected Contributor