Valued Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked  Thank you for your sincere and heartfelt apology, you've made my day that much better.  You're a special person to do that, someone who can self reflect and say I'm sorry in a public way, not just in a private setting.  We've all said and done things we regret, myself included. And when we apologize, we don't even know if it will be ignored or rejected and that makes it even harder.

I was bitten by a doberman pit mix and feared dogs for a long, long time. Still fear larger breeds when I don't know the dog. It's like PTSD I guess. Beside you and I, my best friend who fostered dogs, went through the same terrifying experience of being bitten by a nutso dog.  An Akita got her left arm, shoulder and her jaw, and this was in front of/while protecting her 2 small kids. She has lasting damage and pain, it's terrible. Of course I agree with you that all dogs start off cute. It's people who make them bad. 

Sorry, I that took your post as so sarcastic and smug, I just really felt it personally and it totally spiraled from there. Let"s be good forum friends, I'd like nothing more. Thank you again, have a great evening!Heart

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked  Thank you for your sincere and heartfelt apology, you've made my day that much better.  You're a special person to do that, someone who can self reflect and say I'm sorry in a public way, not just in a private setting.  We've all said and done things we regret, myself included. And when we apologize, we don't even know if it will be ignored or rejected and that makes it even harder.

I was bitten by a doberman pit mix and feared dogs for a long, long time. Still fear larger breeds when I don't know the dog. It's like PTSD I guess. Beside you and I, my best friend who fostered dogs, went through the same terrifying experience of being bitten by a nutso dog.  An Akita got her left arm, shoulder and her jaw, and this was in front of/while protecting her 2 small kids. She has lasting damage and pain, it's terrible. Of course I agree with you that all dogs start off cute. It's people who make them bad. 

Sorry, I that took your post as so sarcastic and smug, I just really felt it personally and it totally spiraled from there. Let"s be good forum friends, I'd like nothing more. Thank you again, have a great evening!Heart

Thank YOU, @Harvard99, so much for your insight, kinds words, and understanding. After hearing about you and your friend, I can absolutely see how it seemed I just “brushed” over something so horrific. You deserved better. 💔 And I really like the idea of being good forum friends! (24 hours ago who knew?!) This is waaay better! My heart is much lighter, as well.😊 (I wouldn’t purposely hurt someone for all the $$ in the world.) Thank you again. I REALLY mean it❣️

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Those who recall the style of the poster in question are absolutely correct. She or he has had tons of nics. Yes, one was full of just letters, another was Italia something-or- other.

What's odd is that the poster doesn't even try to hide her style of posting.

@suzyQ3  Did you mean just numbers?  That one I can imagine....

No, @Pearlee, the first iteration for this poster was a string of letters. This was way back when. There have been dozens since.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Ifeelwicked  Me too. Today is better than yesterday. So great! Woman Very HappyHeart