QVC Customer Care

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

OP job pays her to post here on work time?

No, not literally. They don’t know she’s here on company time, as far as I know. 

She said that her boss heard her texting about it and took the dog home.

How did the boss know what she was posting about? I’m confused.

See Post #50

She probably wasn't getting the reactions from posters that she expected and ended the "story."   Sad..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

Animal lover? Just a wild guess! 🤣 And FYI, nowadays,  there are large, gorgeous corporations around the country that not only allow pets, but encourage “bring your pet to work” days. Apparently, it’s awesome for moral. Go figure.😜

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
n/m so not worth it.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

So what happens when someone has a service dog?  I've worked in more than one place that had employees with service dogs.  Never caused anyone any problems.

Exactly.  And service dogs aren't even in an office, they are at their owner's desk and they walk around the office all day with their owner. 

@chrystaltree   BY LAW, service dogs are permitted everywhere.  REAL service dogs that is.

Trusted Contributor

From reading this thread I'm wondering if a lot of you don't work at the ASPCA or a vet's office. Unless you own the business, how are you just allowed to bring in pets? Maybe for some pet owners this is a criteria for taking a job.  I love dogs and cats but since when is everyone allowed to just bring their pets to work?  Do you think they love being stuck in an office, or shopping at Walmart or in church? 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

28 pounds is a big dog?????  ROFLOL

I work in a smaller office.  My boss had a boxer he used to bring in periodically.  The dog had the run of the office.  We've also had clients who brought in dogs.  Once a German Shepherd, once a Doberman.  It was warm and they had to stop in here and didn't want to leave the dog in the car.

I don't care about dogs being in an office.  My dog would curl up on the floor and sleep.  I could walk out and leave her in here and you'd never hear a peep out of her.

As far as the dog not going outside, people do work all day and leave their dogs at home so the dog isn't going out for 8 hours, maybe a little more. 

n

Trusted Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

What about service dogs though? They present the same cocnerns about fears, allergies and, despite their cuteness, their lack of boundaries and jumping all over you., peeing on floors etc. Service dogs can't be denied access though, nor should they. It is going to be an issue.

@wildlifewitch  Legitimate, legal service dogs are not cute, do NOT lack boundaries, jump all over you and pee on floors.  They are working. They are trained to behave perfectly and ignore others.  It is not going to be an issue because the state and local govt's as well as individual businesses are cracking down on the '"fake" service dogs.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NickNack  General Manager probably.

Maybe the GM is taking the dog to the vet later, and to save time, brought it to work so she wouldn't miss as much of it having to go home and get the dog.  

If that's the case and you're ONLY surmising, maybe the GM should be more considerate of the workers and customers instead of their own selfish needs!

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

From reading this thread I'm wondering if a lot of you don't work at the ASPCA or a vet's office. Unless you own the business, how are you just allowed to bring in pets? Maybe for some pet owners this is a criteria for taking a job.  I love dogs and cats but since when is everyone allowed to just bring their pets to work?  Do you think they love being stuck in an office, or shopping at Walmart or in church? 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

28 pounds is a big dog?????  ROFLOL

I work in a smaller office.  My boss had a boxer he used to bring in periodically.  The dog had the run of the office.  We've also had clients who brought in dogs.  Once a German Shepherd, once a Doberman.  It was warm and they had to stop in here and didn't want to leave the dog in the car.

I don't care about dogs being in an office.  My dog would curl up on the floor and sleep.  I could walk out and leave her in here and you'd never hear a peep out of her.

As far as the dog not going outside, people do work all day and leave their dogs at home so the dog isn't going out for 8 hours, maybe a little more. 

n

There is a restaurant below, so I doubt it. It's a member-only club. Maybe it's a gym?