Trusted Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

[ Edited ]

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

What about service dogs though? They present the same cocnerns about fears, allergies and, despite their cuteness, their Ilack of boundaries and jumping all over you., peeing on floors etc. Service dogs can't be denied access though, nor should they. It is going to be an issue.

@wildlifewitch  Legitimate, legal service dogs are not cute, do NOT lack boundaries, jump all over you and pee on floors.  They are working. They are trained to behave perfectly and ignore others.  It is not going to be an issue because the state and local govt's as well as individual businesses are cracking down on the '"fake" service dogs.

Someone alert the church elders! ALL dogs are cute, service or otherwise! 😱👍🏻😉

@Ifeelwicked  Wrong, not all dogs are cute.  Silly, thoughtless statement.  I guess you've never been bitten by a vicious dog,  aren't you lucky! 

I’m sorry for your misfortune, but I stand by my statement which was certainly not meant to stir unresolved feelings you obviously still have about your unfortunate incident. But, please discontinue your assumptions about someone who you know nothing about. I don’t make silly thoughtless statements. (I do believe all dogs are cute. At least they start out that way. Their treatment or medical issues can drastically change that.) And I have been on the receiving end of a dog bite. More than one, in fact. One was very scary. A bite to my face, and I AM very lucky. We rescue animals and have done so for many years now. And we’ve have run into to ALL situations. Some unfortunate💔, most wonderful❤️ 

And you, "can discontinue YOUR assumptions" about ME, "someone you know nothing about" and ''the unresolved feelings I obviously still have about my unfortunate incident".  You know nothing about me, nothing.  Your vitriolic diatribe is presumptuous and unkind, not the slightest bit sincere, believable or even clever for that matter.

In addition, it's STILL MY OPINION that your comment about "all dogs" was silly and extremely thoughtless.  So have your opinion and I'll keep mine.  That's how it works in the U.S.A.  Think you can stifle my OPINION, or anyone else's for that matter?   Maybe living in a different country might be more your style. 

I couldn't help but notice you deleted the thread you started recently (your extreme rant against QVC and their bed sheets) after multiple people called you out for your over-the-top drama and wild exaggeration over nothing. Seems your posts, in that regard, are very consistent.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

What about service dogs though? They present the same cocnerns about fears, allergies and, despite their cuteness, their Ilack of boundaries and jumping all over you., peeing on floors etc. Service dogs can't be denied access though, nor should they. It is going to be an issue.

@wildlifewitch  Legitimate, legal service dogs are not cute, do NOT lack boundaries, jump all over you and pee on floors.  They are working. They are trained to behave perfectly and ignore others.  It is not going to be an issue because the state and local govt's as well as individual businesses are cracking down on the '"fake" service dogs.

@Ifeelwicked  Wrong, not all dogs are cute. Silly, thoughtless statement.  I guess you've never been bitten by a vicious dog, lucky you!

TOO BAD SO SAD.

Even for you, my friend @manhattan1950, this is a very insensitive comment. I know that you love animals as do I. But certainly you would never mean to dismiss the experience of being viciously attacked by ANY animal. For some people, it might trigger a fear that is extremely difficult to overcome.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I didn’t know anyone over the age of ten actually said “too bad, so sad”. 

I would find that amusing but it’s just too pathetic to. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Ifeelwicked  Wrong, not all dogs are cute. Silly, thoughtless statement.  I guess you've never been bitten by a vicious dog, lucky you!

TOO BAD SO SAD.

Even for you, my friend @manhattan1950, this is a very insensitive comment. I know that you love animals as do I. But certainly you would never mean to dismiss the experience of being viciously attacked by ANY animal. For some people, it might trigger a fear that is extremely difficult to overcome.

@suzyQ3  Thank you for looking at this from an objective viewpoint.  I took it to be sarcastic and chiding.  I didn't respond to them because, unlike this poster,  I don't always need to get the last word.  Not worth it. Thanks for your post. Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread has gone to the dogs...lol

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@suzyQ3  Thank you for looking at this from an objective viewpoint.  I took it to be sarcastic and chiding.  I didn't respond to them because, unlike this poster,  I don't always need to get the last word.  Not worth it. Thanks for your post. Heart

That poster very obviously posts to get a rise out of people.  I think she is a return poster under yet another name and probably won't be around under this name much longer.  She very much reminds me of the poster who's name was nothing but a bunch of letters beginning with the letter "L" and somewhere in the mix was a "G" and a "V".  

Respected Contributor

I did not read all replies...

That said - you do not have to be an animal hater to think a dog (regardless of weight) does not belong at work - locked in an office.

I think the shower was being facteious about the roof leaking and the poor quality/condition of the place - not that she wants harm to come to the animal. 

I would defend a Service Dog with my last breath as they are doing a JOB..a life saving job. Other than that there is a time and place. Bringing your pooch to work is not the time or place.

There are others who could be allergic. There are those who are frightened and have a fear of dogs for a variety of reasons including PTSD.

I see many people bringing their pooch with them to places that CLEARLY say NO DOGS ALLOWED - with the exception of Service Dogs who have no limitations on them. I totally 100% agree.

I have heard it all - that little Johnny and Jane are loud, snot nose, dirty diaper, drooling with food all over -  their behavior is horrible etc..etc.. and their dogs are better mannered than that. Which sounds great but reality is little Johnny and Jane are human being..KIDS..they cannot be left home alone.

I love and adore my kitty's but would never infringe on anybody else and bring them with me ...and if there is a necessary appointment after work - then you go get them. It isn't fair to the pooch either to be locked up in a strange office either.

Maybe presentation could of been better but I do agree - the dog does not belong at work for a variety of reasons.  The only exception would be a Service Dog without saying.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

That poster very obviously posts to get a rise out of people.  I think she is a return poster under yet another name and probably won't be around under this name much longer.  She very much reminds me of the poster who's name was nothing but a bunch of letters beginning with the letter "L" and somewhere in the mix was a "G" and a "V".  

@Lipstickdiva  Are your referring to me? It's not clear.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Harvard99, no. The poster who replied too bad, so sad. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Harvard99, no. The poster who replied too bad, so sad. 

@Lipstickdiva  Thanks for that clarification.