Honored Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

OP job pays her to post here on work time?

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  Your're just guessing at what is going on at the OP's place of work.  Even the OP doesn't know why the dog is there! 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

No, not literally. They don’t know she’s here on company time, as far as I know. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I hope you GM don't post on here and see the sign. lol

I don’t think she has to worry.   That wasn’t an office door.  It looks like a bedroom door.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I hope you GM don't post on here and see the sign. lol

This!  I worry when someone posts a photo here that clearly identifies them to someone who may recognize that photo. Like the boss or another coworker. 

Other than that, I enjoy the posts from @Laura14    She does add some interest and humor to this board.  Usually I don’t comment, since I only post later in the day and the comments usually aren’t active by that time.   But I read them 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

No, not literally. They don’t know she’s here on company time, as far as I know. 

She said that her boss heard her texting about it and took the dog home.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@ChrysAtaltree wrote:

@JBKO wrote:

As long as it isn't a constant thing, I don't see the problem. Honestly, I'd rather have doggies around than some of my human comworkers. 

I'd rather have a dogs in the office than yelling, screaming, whining, fighting kids.  

Or whining co-workers.

I T A

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@SuhseK  It scared me because I am not expecting a dog in my place of business and it's one of those deep gutteral barks.  Usually if a dog is barking, they are warning you to back off or coming for your behind.  It's a basic human reaction when you are not at home with your own pets.

And it's not a cafeteria downstairs.  It is a nice sit down restaurant that people pay good money to have access to eat in.  If I was dining or entertaining a client and heard a dog barking above me, I'd be a bit questioning as to why.  

Good news is the dog is gone.  

So what? There are tons of restaurants that are located in buildings that have other tenants in the building and they can have dogs, cats, birds,etc... in their part of the building. Before I moved to NC I lived in an apartment that had a restaurant/bar in the front and my apartment and another apartment in the back. That type of set up was quite common years ago where the owners would live above their restaurants, bars, stores, etc... THere are tons of strip malls also that have restaurants in them with dog stores and/or dog grooming places right next to it. You must not get out much if you are questioning how or why that happens. 

As for you being dumbfounded about the lack of professionalism, I guess you don't see the irony of you being on an entertainment forum while you are supposed to be working. Many would find that not very professional.

EXCELLENT comments!!! You nailed it!!!

Honored Contributor

What happened to the pharmacy job? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

She said that her boss heard her texting about it and took the dog home.

How did the boss know what she was posting about? I’m confused.