Frequent Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

@Lucky Charm wrote:
You know how it is Laura. If we're not posting here, then we're out saving the world!!!!

@Lucky Charm  I know I certainly am...  

Best post!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SuhseK  It scared me because I am not expecting a dog in my place of business and it's one of those deep gutteral barks.  Usually if a dog is barking, they are warning you to back off or coming for your behind.  It's a basic human reaction when you are not at home with your own pets.

And it's not a cafeteria downstairs.  It is a nice sit down restaurant that people pay good money to have access to eat in.  If I was dining or entertaining a client and heard a dog barking above me, I'd be a bit questioning as to why.  

Good news is the dog is gone.  

So what? There are tons of restaurants that are located in buildings that have other tenants in the building and they can have dogs, cats, birds,etc... in their part of the building. Before I moved to NC I lived in an apartment that had a restaurant/bar in the front and my apartment and another apartment in the back. That type of set up was quite common years ago where the owners would live above their restaurants, bars, stores, etc... THere are tons of strip malls also that have restaurants in them with dog stores and/or dog grooming places right next to it. You must not get out much if you are questioning how or why that happens. 

As for you being dumbfounded about the lack of professionalism, I guess you don't see the irony of you being on an entertainment forum while you are supposed to be working. Many would find that not very professional.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

Wait, wait, wait...in one post you say you have owned very small dogs and are an animal lover.  Then in another post you say you are allergic to the dander...which post is the truth?

Why are you posting from work? 

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 Unless you paid a healthy entry fee and substantial monthly fees to walk through the doors of those establishments, not even comparable.

Honored Contributor

@Alicew I owned poodles which are hypoallergenic and don't shed.  As long as I gave her a bath once a week, it was love.  ♥️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope you GM don't post on here and see the sign. lol

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't matter. If the restaurant wants such control of what their customers see or hear going on in the dwelling of another tenant, they would move. No one cares what is going on in a separate apartment/office in the same building as long as it isn't dangerous. No danger there. THe very reason I mentioned this is there is a french restaurant in my town that is always in the top #3 restaurants (4.9 out of 5 score)  is located in a strip mall and up until this past year it was right next to a doggie daycare/grooming store. THey moved into a bigger facility. They coexisted next door to each other for over 12 yrs and no problems at all. I am fairly certain that a doggie daycare has more noise than a single dog that was there for a couple of hours. If people agreed with you, this restaurant wouldn't continue to stay in the top 3. You are just looking for something to pick at. It is obvious. Also, who wrote the note that went onto the door?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I don't quite understand how your GM bringing her dog to work affects your life, but maybe I'm missing something here. Maybe there was a reason she/he had to bring the dog with her that she didn't share with you. Hopefully you didn't call the health inspector - not sure how the restaurant on a different floor would be affected. BTW - I have a 20 pound cat - he's big, but a 28 pound dog usually isn't considered big, unless its chubby like my cat!

Esteemed Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

What about service dogs though? They present the same cocnerns about fears, allergies and, despite their cuteness, their lack of boundaries and jumping all over you., peeing on floors etc. Service dogs can't be denied access though, nor should they. It is going to be an issue.

I hope you are conflating emotional support/therapy/comfort dogs and service dogs because a certified service dog would never, make that NEVER, lack boundaries, jump all over anyone while on duty, pee on the floor short of exigent circumstances or etc.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
QVC Customer Care