Honored Contributor

My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

You just can't make my life up. 

BTW, I work at a members only facility with a private restaurant downstairs.  I'm dying for the health inspector to show up.

The dog has barked twice this morning and scared the heck out of me because it's a big dog. The poor thing is locked in her office.  Too bad it's not raining today.  He could have had a free doggie shower courtesy of the leaky roof. 

Nothing but the best around here!  Anyone want a membership?     Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My GM brought her 28lb dog in a sweater to work today

28 pounds is not a big dog!  I would think that as long as the dog is not in the kitchen or restaurant there would be no violation.  

Respected Contributor

I haven't been here much so I don't know if there is a background story to go with this or what.

28 pounds is not a big dog.

I don't get the point of the post. 

Esteemed Contributor

I understand why someone wants to bring their dog to work, especially a small dog, which is this dog.  28 pounds is small.  I feel bad for the dog being locked in an office.  If possible, maybe the employees could bring the dog into the office, which would be pleasant for almost everyone, but especially the dog.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

Esteemed Contributor

28 pounds is not a big dog.  I have had to bring my dogs into work a couple times because of issues I will not get into.  Minimal disruption.  Thankful boss was ok with it.  Not sure what a restaurant downstairs has to do with it, the dog is obviously not there.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14- 28 lbs?  That's not a big dog, as others have said.  If it's in her office, why did it "scare the heck" out of you?  It's not as if it could get out to attack you is it?

And a leaky roof?  You'd wish it on the unfortunate dog that it get rained on?

It doesn't sound from this and previous posts that you like much, if anything, about your job or employer.  Perhaps a New Year's resolution would be to start looking for a new job where you might be happier.

Life is short.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The things is dogs don't belong at work.  Others may be afraid of them, have allergies, or the dog might be stepped on, hurt or scared.  It does nobody any good but the one person who brought the dog.   Who obviously doesn't worry about the dog or other people. 

So what happens when someone has a service dog?  I've worked in more than one place that had employees with service dogs.  Never caused anyone any problems.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

I haven't been here much so I don't know if there is a background story to go with this or what.

28 pounds is not a big dog.

I don't get the point of the post. 

It’s just a constant litany of complaints about something...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe the OP made a typo on the dog’s weight?  

@Laura14 wrote:

You just can't make my life up. 

BTW, I work at a members only facility with a private restaurant downstairs.  I'm dying for the health inspector to show up.

The dog has barked twice this morning and scared the heck out of me because it's a big dog. The poor thing is locked in her office.  Too bad it's not raining today.  He could have had a free doggie shower courtesy of the leaky roof. 

Nothing but the best around here!  Anyone want a membership?     Smiley Very Happy