Honored Contributor

It is winter, and the parfum was cold, but, I shook the bottle and spritzed a bit on. I thought ,perhaps ,it will grow on me, because, I felt it stunk, somewhat

I let it set overnight, and tried it this morning, and still felt ,I smelled sort of unclean

I tried it again ,a bit ago ,and this time, it  was much better. It was a far milder scent, and ,I think I  may like it

It is such a departure from what I normally wear( florals or oriental florals) .  I am glad the smell has somewhat moderated

I have heard that temp can affect perfumes ,and I think it did. 

I read reviews about the people ,that use this scent, and I thought, none of them ,would want to smell like the stuff I was sent.( Martha Stewart for one) I got it from Amazon, and it is a recommended seller, from Amazon. I did some checking ,and they sell a large selection, of nicer perfumes ,and are located in  VA. They said their perfumes are climatically stored to ,insure freshness

Honored Contributor

Re: My Fracas came yesterday

I've been trying some of the perfumes I'm interested in , in the rollerballs. They are about half the price and you haven't invested a lot if for some reason you don't like them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I've been trying some of the perfumes I'm interested in , in the rollerballs. They are about half the price and you haven't invested a lot if for some reason you don't like them.

@QVCkitty1- I do the same thing. Unless the fragrance is one I've already worn and love, I buy a rollerball of the eau d'parfum for at least half the price, and I can carry it around with me. If I love it when I finish it or get close to finishing it, I buy the full size. I did that with Flowerbomb, and Si by Armani.

I really love perfume!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@cherry, Fracas was born in a different time than now, when perfumes were much stronger. It is a tuberose-based floral. Tuberose is a polarizing scent for many. I can take it only in small doses.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@cherry, Fracas was born in a different time than now, when perfumes were much stronger. It is a tuberose-based floral. Tuberose is a polarizing scent for many. I can take it only in small doses.

I should add that it probably had undergone at least one reformulation since the original appeared.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1- I do the same thing. Unless the fragrance is one I've already worn and love, I buy a rollerball of the eau d'parfum for at least half the price, and I can carry it around with me. If I love it when I finish it or get close to finishing it, I buy the full size. I did that with Flowerbomb, and Si by Armani.

I really love perfume!

@sunala, I did that with Gucci Bloom and Aerins Lilac Path. I was so pleased o discover rollerballs.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Another perfume fan here. I've been ordering $4 samples from Lucky Scent, have found 2 that I love, love, love. But need to save my pennies. I also just tried a sample of Kate Spade's In Full Bloom which is lovely. @QVCkitty1 how did you like Lilac Path?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Cherry, I am so sorry it hasn't turned out well.  Fracas has been my favorite scent for many years, haven't purchased it in a long time.  I did order a rose scent about two years ago that had no scent whatsoever when it arrived.  It took weeks before it finally began to have a scent but to this day it isn't what it used to be. I agree with one of the poster's that perfumes are reformulated which unfortunately leaves us terribly disappointed.  Hoping with a bit more time the true scent comes through for you, it is such a lovely scent.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  It is better today. I think it didn't like the temp changes.I put some on my wrist, and it is much milder smelling. I think the cold caused it to separate, or something ,and I was just getting all essential oils or something.

I don't know if I would ever purchase it again, but ,at least, it is wearable now. It might grow on me, and I don't hate it ,and it doesn't smell* dirty,* now

Honored Contributor

I have come up with a solution. I am giving it to my daughter, who will most likely adore it, and I got myself a bottle of Arpege ,which I love