Trusted Contributor

My First Fitbit is on its WAY-Please Give Me One Tip?

I'd love to know what works for you-Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: My First Fitbit is on its WAY-Please Give Me One Tip?

I found myself taking stairs and parking in the back of parking lots.  Just trying to get every step in.  Good Luck and god bless.

Super Contributor

I wore my first Fitbit for 13 months straight and lost 8 pounds. I stopped using it and gained those pounds back, so obviously it really motivated me to walk and keep moving.  I just got my second one for Christmas so I am back at it. My advice would just be to get your 10,000 steps in almost every day!

Esteemed Contributor

Wear it!

Sign into the computer Fitbit page also for even more information, focus and interaction.

Join some of the challenge events.

Try to get your friends to join you in some challenges that you create.  It's not about winning, it's about activity and subliminal goal setting.

Respected Contributor

Dont get it wet !!!

Trusted Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Dont get it wet !!!

OH, good tip!

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely agree about parking far away and using stairs as much as possible.  Mostly wear it.  All the time.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought, oh, my fitbit's battery is dead...do I really need to do that extra lap?  Take those stairs?  Get on that Gazelle?  lol 

Respected Contributor

i wear a fitbit one on my bra and have for the last several years. I also belong to WW and earn "fit points". My suggestion is to find steps in the little things that you do and soon you will be walking more and more. Example, when you grocery shop, walk up and down each aisle, that is worth about 800 steps in my grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just remember---it measures what moves your arm does----not your legs--so if you are on the couch and you pump your arm it will register as steps!!  Many days I have done 10,000 steps---that's what the fitbit says and I can't figure out how I did all those---it's your arm movements. You can stand at the sink doing your dishes and you will rack up many hundreds of "steps". Kind of takes the glow off the product for me. Don't know if I will keep mine or not. Wonder if I can put it on my ankle instead??

Respected Contributor

I don't wear it to sleep.

But I put it on first thing in the morning, and take it off last thing at night.

You will become addicted to seeing how many steps you can get in.

You will love it.

I didn't think I would, and I do.  I have an extensive watch collection, but I only wear my Fitbit now! Smiley Very Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero