Honored Contributor

@aggravatedwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@aggravatedwrote:

Yay!  So happy for you.  My new car has way too many features and I don't have backup camera or GPS built in.  I have to get out my glasses to read the buttons as it's a little car with little pictures on the little buttons.  

@aggravated  Crazy isn't it?

@Laura14 Yes, every morning and evening, especially during the winter, it sings a song with a notification of the outside temperature, then switches to another little ditty for the seatbelt.  All four tires were low when the temperatures first dropped and, dear goodness, I though the car was having a cardiac arrest with all the bells and chimes going off accompanied by a notification picture with the tiny tires coverd in sort of flames.  I am honestly afraid to even approach the "command center" and set up stuff - afraid.

@aggravated  LOL!  Unless they have Frank Sinatra doing the jingle, no car should ever sing. 

You should have seen me jump at the backup chimes and I about lost my mind when the wipers went on BY THEMSELVES when I pulled the car out of the garage and it was raining.  Smiley Surprised  I about called a priest to have it exorcised.

I swear these 20 year olds make all this stuff up just so they can be entertained during their rides home every day watching us try to figure it all out.  

Valued Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@Sueliz  Thanks! 

I'm wondering if I should have my sister do a Snapchat video of me running in slow motion towards my car before leaping onto the hood with hugs, kisses, and tears.  

@Laura14, LMAO, Go for it!!!   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Suelizwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@Sueliz  Thanks! 

I'm wondering if I should have my sister do a Snapchat video of me running in slow motion towards my car before leaping onto the hood with hugs, kisses, and tears.  

@Laura14, LMAO, Go for it!!!   Woman LOL

@Sueliz  Hey if I go viral, that's money right?  Baby needs to pay off some EZ Pay.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

YAY!🎉 !

I am elated for you!’❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@aggravatedwrote:

Yay!  So happy for you.  My new car has way too many features and I don't have backup camera or GPS built in.  I have to get out my glasses to read the buttons as it's a little car with little pictures on the little buttons.  

was forced to buy a new car....some idiot totalled mine....car salesman was pointing out all the buttons to me...i told him to stop cause i was just gonna cover them with duct tape!!

Honored Contributor

@nana59wrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@aggravatedwrote:

was forced to buy a new car....some idiot totalled mine....car salesman was pointing out all the buttons to me...i told him to stop cause i was just gonna cover them with duct tape!!

@nana59  Smiley LOL  When I thought I was going to have to replace mine, I asked if there was a class to teach me how to drive it.  

Respected Contributor

Congrats on getting your car back.  I couldn't live without a backup camera with an alarm attached or my side mirror lights to see cars in my blind spot.  I can't count the number of times I almost ran over the idiots that continually walk behind my car when I'm backing out of a parking space.  If it wasn't for that backup camera with the alarm, I would have killed a number of people.  

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023wrote:

Congrats on getting your car back.  I couldn't live without a backup camera with an alarm attached or my side mirror lights to see cars in my blind spot.  I can't count the number of times I almost ran over the idiots that continually walk behind my car when I'm backing out of a parking space.  If it wasn't for that backup camera with the alarm, I would have killed a number of people.  

@Blingqueen023  With the exception of backing down a huge hill of a driveway every day, it's distracting to me.  I feel like I have a tv on in the car and should be watching it instead of the road.  Glad it works for you and others around you.     

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@nana59wrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@aggravatedwrote:

@nana59  Smiley LOL  When I thought I was going to have to replace mine, I asked if there was a class to teach me how to drive it.  

They told me I could come in any Saturday for a session with the salesman and a mechanic.  Much to my amazement, the salesman didn't know how to work the "command center" to set radio channels up - told me I would have to wait for a mechanic.  It's just too complicated.  I turned down the free satellite radio.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I'm thrilled, I shed a tear or two myself.

My 20 year old Volvo with a stick shift is my baby!  

Her name is URSA.  We have been on SO many good road trips together, many trips to my secret place when I just needed a good cry, reunions, weddings, funerals.  She faithfully took me to work and home every day - and knows ALL the dirt, all my Labby Boys have ridden in her back seat & I can still see their faces though some have left now.  Remember some wonderful talks, and crazy stories on long Road Trips.

Silly I know, but I really do love her.

So glad you stuck to your guns!  You GO guril!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras