Honored Contributor

For those of you who were so kind over the past two months with my car accident, the Fiat is getting painted today, buffed on Monday, and she'll be back home in my garage early next week.  (insert crying emoji here!)

I will be only too happy to say goodbye to the rental boat which warms parts of my body I didn't think would ever get that warm in public.

Nor will I miss the back up camera, satellite radio, valet towel service, automatic brow wipe, in car massage, foot rub at traffic stops, and all the other gizmos on today's newer cars.  I have lived in terror every day since I drove away from the rental place what fresh feature will be jumping out at me each time I push this button to start it up. 

I will be counting down the days until my little stick shift that still knows what a key is and just lets me turn my head and pay attention to the road all by myself without any help comes home to Mama.  Smiley Very Happy    

Respected Contributor

That is good news!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, now, no crying! LOLWoman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

your comment about warming body parts made me laugh...my daughter can't use the seat warmer in her car cause it makes her feel like she needs to pee!!  i'm having a sad day, so thanks for the laugh!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygalwrote:

@Laura14, now, no crying! LOLWoman Wink

@qualitygal  I did grab tissues!  I couldn't help it!  It's been so long!  Smiley Very Happy

@nana59  I'm glad I put a smile on your face.  @qualitygal's tag line did the same for me and boy did I need good news this week.  Feel better!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Yay!  So happy for you.  My new car has way too many features and I don't have backup camera or GPS built in.  I have to get out my glasses to read the buttons as it's a little car with little pictures on the little buttons.  

Valued Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

For those of you who were so kind over the past two months with my car accident, the Fiat is getting painted today, buffed on Monday, and she'll be back home in my garage early next week.  (insert crying emoji here!)

I will be only too happy to say goodbye to the rental boat which warms parts of my body I didn't think would ever get that warm in public.

Nor will I miss the back up camera, satellite radio, valet towel service, automatic brow wipe, in car massage, foot rub at traffic stops, and all the other gizmos on today's newer cars.  I have lived in terror every day since I drove away from the rental place what fresh feature will be jumping out at me each time I push this button to start it up. 

I will be counting down the days until my little stick shift that still knows what a key is and just lets me turn my head and pay attention to the road all by myself without any help comes home to Mama.  Smiley Very Happy    

@Laura14  So happy for you!  I learned how to drive a stick on my little black Fiat, loved that car!  Enjoy having your baby back!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@aggravatedwrote:

Yay!  So happy for you.  My new car has way too many features and I don't have backup camera or GPS built in.  I have to get out my glasses to read the buttons as it's a little car with little pictures on the little buttons.  

@aggravated  Crazy isn't it?

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz  Thanks! 

I'm wondering if I should have my sister do a Snapchat video of me running in slow motion towards my car before leaping onto the hood with hugs, kisses, and tears.  

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@aggravatedwrote:

@aggravated  Crazy isn't it?

@Laura14 Yes, every morning and evening, especially during the winter, it sings a song with a notification of the outside temperature, then switches to another little ditty for the seatbelt.  All four tires were low when the temperatures first dropped and, dear goodness, I though the car was having a cardiac arrest with all the bells and chimes going off accompanied by a notification picture with the tiny tires coverd in sort of flames.  I am honestly afraid to even approach the "command center" and set up stuff - afraid.