Honored Contributor

Re: My Favorite Hostess Gift to Give

@Sooner wrote:

A lot of you will be going to parties and meals and I am going to share my hostess gift favorite!

I make a pretty bag, basket or box with a couple of new dishcloths and kitchen towels, some counter spray or nice scented soap, some tea or coffee pods, and a couple of nice wrapped muffins, or cookies or some health bars.

I enclose a new note that says I want to make cleanup a little happier and get the morning started on a good note, and thanks, etc.

Some of my friends have had a laugh and said it did make that night or the next morning a little better to have some fresh towels and cloths or sponges.

Just an idea because sometimes it is hard for me to think past wine or flowers!  

Congratulations , you win the Indoor Kitty thoughtful gift award !  Wine is great for wine lovers, I love receiving flowers, but your gift works for everyone, and you thought about it, and that is the best ! 🎄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Super Contributor

As a hostess I would happily accept that sort of gift basket.  I would just as happily accept wine, or flowers.  I would most happily accept a handshake or a hug, and your time and company.

Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

"Loving gesture"? Maybe the message is your kitchen needs cleaned.

@bonappetit You're there for dinner.  Unless they have a maid, I'm thinking yeah, it needs to be cleaned!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  I received a similar gift about 10 years ago, and I still have the dish cloth and towel.  Every time I use them I think about the person who gave them to me and it makes me smile; it's a nice memory from a past Christmas.

Regular Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Sooner   I would invite you again and again  to get a nice hostess gift like that.  I usually get wine or flowers.

I have a whole cabinet of wine that I need to unload onto someone else and the flowers, though beautiful don't last long enough.

I also had several bottles of wine my husband received.  My friend is a nurse at a local hospital and mentioned it was nurse's week and they were having raffle giveaways.  I gave her the wine to donate.   She said everyone who won wine was happy.  

Honored Contributor

Dish towels are always a welcome treat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Sooner   I would invite you again and again  to get a nice hostess gift like that.  I usually get wine or flowers.

I have a whole cabinet of wine that I need to unload onto someone else and the flowers, though beautiful don't last long enough.

What a great idea.

@Carmie 

I'll volunteer to take those off your hands!  Woman Very Happy

I wish i could send you a few bottles.  My DH and I are not big drinkers.  We do one like wine, but are partial to rose semi-sweet varieties, or semi-sweet or even sweet red..can make wine spritzers.

The wine we usually receive is too dry. I try to open a bottle or two when we have company so, if we don't like it, maybe our guests will.

I hate to open a bottle and throw it away. One friend brings us an expensive bottle that he buys by the case.  We tasted it once...Yuck!  My DH does him a lot of favors and refuses to take payment, so he gives him a bottle of very expensive awful wine in appreciation. I wish my DH would tell him that we do not care for his wine, but he doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

I guess I could re-gift all of my wine as a hostess gift to someone else, but really don't like to give someone wine unless I am sure it is a type or brand that they actually like.