Honored Contributor

I must dream quite often, the last 3 nights,i have been dreaming of my son,shane ,my husband, both gone, and spirit,gone also,tears in my eyes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Funny to read this today....I NEVER dream about (or even think much about!) QVC hosts, but last night I dreamed David V. and I were at Jill Bauer's house on Christmas.  I was in some kind of work group with David, so I had brought a wool scarf as a gift for him....but for some reason I had nothing for Jill.

Then Jill handed me a fabric tote bag, FULL of gifts.....the two I remember were a bottle of perfume...it was in a White Shoulders bottle, but called something else.  I sprayed some on and it smelled good..Jill said it was one of her favorites.  The other I remember was a large piece of paper full of ornate, shiny gold buttons attached lol!  I remember thinking  I could switch out buttons on a couple of my sweaters!

Then I felt bad I hadn't brought a gift for Jill, and thought I would go to my city's winery when I got home and have some wine shipped to her.

Have NO idea where any of that came from!

Respected Contributor

Brains are like computers and need to " houseclean " every night.  When you are asleep, there are no filters applied: everything is game.

DH and I have had variations of the same dream for years: it is college exam time and we never had the textbook and don't know where the exam is being given.  Now when I start to have this type dream, I immediately hit " pause " and say to my self that I will not continue this dumb dream.  Has been working for me.

Years ago at work I was in an extremely stressful situation similar to " walking a tight rope strung high ".  One night in a dream the solution came to me in the guise of a squirrel running into my commuter train and handing me a nut.  The boss of my boss had "nut" in his name.  

Long story short, the highly unusual strategy worked: my people got protected from a vindictive manager and I got transferred into another, more responsible department which led to a phenomenal promotion.

Another difficult situation years later but the solution came to me in a dream.  I awoke with the one sentence in my mind....but it was in French, a language and literature in which I had gotten my MA and never used.  My brain knew how to " package " the answer so I would definitely remember !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

That is a weird unsettling dream. 
I recently had a dream that I went home and my mom who passed 23 years ago would not let me in. I started to fight her. I don't know how it ended. I think I just woke up. I never had any issues with my mom at all. 

Honored Contributor

My dreams make no sense whatsoever to the point that I don't think I could even relate most of them to you.

I do have a few recurring dream situations: 

The flying dream although I use a stroke more often associated with swimming rather than flapping my arms. 

The breathing under water dream where I'm swimming deeper and deeper and suddenly realize I need to get to the surface, but before I can get to the surface I gasp and find out I can breathe under water. 

The naked and can't find my clothes dream.  Usually, I have gone to change clothes, get my clothes off, but then can't find the clothes I need. There's always plenty of clothes laying around and there's always people there urging me to come on it's time to go. 

And like OP I occasionally do know I'm in a dream, but it's more of a case of remembering having this dream before and that is is not ending the same, so I try to make the dream fit the "script".  

Once I slept late and dreamt the entire process of getting dressed and then woke up and realized I had to do it all over again.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember my dreams.  I don't even know if I dream.  Either my dreams are too boring to remember, or my sleeping memory is as bad as my waking memory.

Honored Contributor

Most times my dreams are scary.  When I wake up I am frozen in fear or crying but can't remember the dream.  At some point during the day I will remember out of the blue and then the fear sets in.