Honored Contributor

Re: My Doctor doing Phone Appointments

@NAES1   Thanks for your kind words.  The info I got from my doctor, who was also my parent's doctor, was nil.  It was, " You've got the beginning of macular.  Nothing you can do but take lutein to slow it down.  See you next year."

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's a good idea.  They don't want to get sick and you don't want them to make you sick - well, sicker than you already are, I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

Smiley Happy @Kachina624 ,

{{JM,}} friend / teacher's knowledge of MD had sent me a detailed summary last October that I saved. I want to pull that up and trace back his information.

The reason being: only because I was, and still am a clinical medical nursing teacher, until I retired very early to travel w/ husband throughout the world (EXPORTS from USA. Studied marketing and health techniques from different countries.

After that round of years, I went back to teach at one large hospital sponsored by a doctor who treated only autoimmune diseases.

I had found my forte, next to working in infectious disease units. 

Also,  I will be in touch asking questions what the one patient he had, ...diagnosed w/ 1st known test of MD from 10 years ago today.  

Unfortunately,  I have very little faith in our health system- period.  !

Back as soon as I know more than I do [right now]. 

I do know there has been A LOT of research and new devices for sight, other than Rx glasses.

Sending you a hug with a caring HeartNAES

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I  did that earlier last week!  I had a PCP annual physical scheduled for months, and they changed to a phone conference instead.  I can check the case note on line, and the doctor had put in exactly how much time he spent with me, probably for billing.  I will be interested in seeing what that "visit" cosst me.  (I have a high deductable insurance plan, so I will get a bill).   I guess it makes sense if you are not actually sick and just need to check in or have Rx renewed.  Look for this to be the way of the future, even after COVID is done.

@Peaches McPhee This is exactly what I've been thinking and not just in regard to doctors.  Wondering if some of these changes will stay in place.  It's rare to be in a position of truly re-thinking how things are done.  

Medicare (CMS) is not charging copay for tele-medicine visits.

If you have regular insurance  please call your provider.