Respected Contributor

Re: My Dentist did not have Covid Shots!

@haddon9  I use my common sense. Its much too early to know how long the vaccine lasts to prevent covid. I got the first shot in Jan. & second in Feb. I was just surprised & disapointed that a health professional was not vaccinated. Not only for herself but for her patients even tho she wears a mask as she alway did in the past before covid. No, as of now I do feel protected but even tho in fl. it is not mandatory to wear a mask in several public places, I choose to wear one.

Esteemed Contributor

The dentist is risking her health more than the op's health. But if not comfortable  because of that, then it's best to find another dentist, like she stated. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

You did the right thing.  I wouldn't go back to that dentist either. Those who don't get the vaccine are, IMO, uninformed and why the pandemic will continue to hurt and kill people. 

Esteemed Contributor

While I may or may not agree with your conclusions about the vaccinations, if you want to change dentists then do so.  Not sure why we need to know your reasons why, unless this is just another mask post to stir things up.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom  I speak of my personal issue with the shot.  However there are others according to my endocrinologist.  I had a physical shortly before I got my shot...I was perfectly healthy.  I got the shot and a week and half later in the ER with rapid, irregular heartbeat (over 150), difficulty breathing, extreme edema (among a laundry list of things that was going south in a big hurry).  The ER doctor was literally sending out an SOS for assistance since they couldn't get my heart rate and breathing stabilized.  They found out the shot effected my thyroid.  It sent it into overdrive.  I had zero symptoms of anything prior to the shot.  Blood work was perfect....then one shot later my blood work was falling off a cliff with numbers.   I was lucky (?) I went to the emergency room since an endocrinologist appointment was not available until October (this happened in April).  And yes, my endocrinologist said they are seeing issues with the shots. 

I'm not trying to install fear only that this shot should be a personal choice between you and your doctor and your risk level of contracting and surviving Covid.   Afterwards my personal doctor wished I had asked him as he said I really didn't need it I was healthy.-I was vax shamed and I got it because I figured "what the heck I've been fine through all the other shots I got"  Well that reasoning was wrong. 

I knew someone would have issues with my statement but the side effects happen.  More than they report.  And yes the doctors are reporting the issues but sadly they don't get publicity.  Why?  Because the vaccine has become a hot button issue politically.  So bad press is not something they want.  And any side effects from the vaccine are being largely ignored for that reason. 

This is as I stated an "Emergency use only" vaccine.  There is no more emergency.  They know the medical profile of those with the most severest of outcomes.  I'm not stating the shot will kill anyone, just that it almost did me. Just because you were fine 24-48 hours after is in no way indicative of any future issues with the vaccines.  I have been instructed in no way to get a 2nd one.  By the way I had the moderna.  My husband had the Pfizer and he so far is ok.  But he was pushed by his employment. He was uncomfortable after seeing what I went through and still is not happy about it.  No one should be shamed, forced , bullied into this.  It is a personal medical decision between you and your doctor period based on your risk, age and medical health.  To come here and push people into getting it is wrong.  It's great if you got it, but leave it to each individual and their doctor as to whether it is ok for them.  Because these doctors are seeing issues and it's not getting reported on.  Which I would say is why there are plenty of medical people out there who are keeping mum on not getting the vaccine, because they know that their job is at risk if they say anything.  They are not comfotable putting that vaccine in themselves if they don't need it.  Once it's injected you can't un-inject it.  

Respected Contributor

@Kabella   Whereabouts in FL are you?  Broward here...

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

Going forward I will ask if the doctor, dentist, eye dr, etc. has had their vaccine. I will not go to a medical profession who has not. I am vaccinated however the Variant strain is running rampant here in MO. I still wear my mask in public most of the time. If someone is not vaccinated I don't care to associate with them and maybe they feel the same about me. I don't care anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since the dentist asked you if you received the vaccine, it sounds as if she sort of required you to have it yet she didn't have hers... you know, the old saying "do as I say, not as I do."  You were trying to protect her but she was not trying to protect her. Good for you for telling her she lost your business. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't the vaccine for BOTH the individual's safety and those around him/her? Your DDS may be young, but she is selfish and thoughtless when it comes to her patients health. Her resistence to the vaccine (for herself) speaks volumes about compassion for others, which as I understand it, is one of the main reasons for getting the shots. She obviously doesn't care if SHE is spreading COVID to others, who may or may not already be vaccinated. We simply don't know how long our shots last or about mutuant strains. She's either uneducated and/or very self-absorbed. 

So glad you asked her the question! Time to find another DDS who cares about others, rather than just themselves. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

She might be educated....but she is an idiot