Valued Contributor

Re: My Dentist did not have Covid Shots!

I feel so bad for you. NO ONE should ever tell anyone what to do with their bodies. I am not Vaccinated and neither is my husband . I read enough to know that I would never put and EXPERIMANTAL GENE THERAPY SHOT in my body. They don't know enough about it and the fact that they tell you IT'S SAFE IS CRAZY They don't know that and yet you all believe that. I rather wait and see. I have never taken a Flu Shot and I have never had the Flu and I am 69yrs old, I am on NO MEDICATIONS(Thank God) and neither is my husband.So, we said,why on earth are we going to put this in our bodies when we have excellent immune systems.Oh and we didn't get Covid..even though my husband worked with someone who did.Got tested and was negative...The Fear that they pushed on us was terrible. We have recently found out that those MASKS that many still want to hold onto do nothing..We were lied to over and over again.Please people stop SHAMING ANYONE who decides to do what they need to do for them. You got yours,your Dentist didn't because she understands that it's not really needed. My Dentist took the Vaccine because he was pressured into it ,because he works in a Hospital 1 day a week. He said to me,he wouldn't have taken it because he had Covid and had antibodies,but they didn't care. BUT in no way would he turn me away because I am not vaxed.He wears a mask & gloves and besides I am not sick and they have said now that asymptomatic people don't give you the Virus. So, stop this insanity and stop bad mouthing your Dentist.She is not a THREAT TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE..

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

If you got your shots why does it matter if she got hers or not?  She will be wearing a mask and gloves.  If she is young her chances are lesser than getting hit by lightning.  On top of which she may have antibodies.  I still have no idea why all the people that had their shots are scared of those who chose not to.  I got one, it almost killed me and I can't and wouldn't get another one.  I was vax shamed and should never have done it for that reason.   The pharma companies do NOT know down the road what effect this will have on any medications, or conditions people have.   And it still can have an adverse effect down the road on everyone that got the shot.  The first 24-48 hours are NOT indicative of anything that can backfire with this vaccine.  Most have many years of testing before they are used for this reason. 

Younger people, men and women are having a harder time with the vaccine effects than getting covid.    Which is why no young healthy person should get this.  They don't need it.  Their risk is just about as close to zero as you can get for any severe effects from this virus.  In fact that group most likely has THE greatest amount of antibodies FROM this virus and don't know it. 

Instead of vilifying this doctor, I would be asking what all the health professionals know that you don't?  I know plenty that won't get it.  Fact is this thing is for emergency use only-it is NOT FDA approved yet, and now that we are opened back up where is the emergency?  The only people that were EVER in the biggest danger were the 65 and older.  OVER 85% of those that died were 65 and older, sick, with at least one co-morbitiy or immune issue.  She understands statistics.  She can do the math.  On top of which the purpose of the vaccine is so if you do get it (which you still can) is so your chances of winding up in the ICU are greatly lessened and you can survive and now have antibodies.  Antibodies are your bodies natural response to this and far better than any vaccine.  Our bodies are amazing things once they know how to fight something, they remember.  

There is no more emergency.  Emergency protocols have been lifted.  And no matter how many people on here want to insist they need to be back in place the numbers are not there to support the justification.  If there was it would be topic number 1 in the news everywhere.   Just because you still have "Positive" cases poping up here and there does not warrent emergency protocols.   People get the flu each year and it kills far more young, healthy people than this did and will.   What matters is how many are hospitalized and dying and what is the demographic physical/medical profile of those people?  Because if it's still 65 and older and there is in NO way as many as the beginning of last year we are fine.  It's now down to personal choices.  You want to wear a mask, go right ahead and feel free to do it forever, no one cares anymore.  There is no more emergency.  If you are still worried, be worried, but it's fine if someone else is not.  After 19 months they know the numbers, the medical profile of those who had the severest effects and those that sadly passed.  They have treatment protocols in place.  I guarantee this dentist will be fine.   And by the way...she wears a mask and gloves because that was PROTOCOL even BEFORE this.   

I agree!  Plus if you do get seriously injured from the vaccine (yes it can happen...as in not just a sore arm & fever but becoming disabled), one cannot sue since the pharmaceutical companies that make the vaccines have no liability.  So if you do get injured and it costs a lot financially you are on your own if your insurance  company doesn't fully pay.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9  Exactly..This is an Experimental Gene Therapy Shot and anyone who has taken it SIGNED UP TO BE IN THE TRIALS. The Trials are for 2yrs. Not FDA Approved(That should have been a red flag).You are the EXPERIMENT.THE GUINEA PIG...I decided to pass on them EXPERIMENTING ON ME..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352 My fear is not just the immediate adverse reaction, but also possible long term effects of which they just don't know about yet.  This honestly scares me!

ETA:  I just don't undersnad how they can talk about the vaccine being "safe" when there are no long term studies yet.

Trusted Contributor

@eadu4 You have got to be kidding.  I wish I could reply to each of your points, but this whole thread is going to be poofed anyway.  Let's just say that your voice of authority is not accurate.  Do your homework and find out the facts before you post such falsehoods.  How did the vaccine almost kill you?  You don't explain in any depth for us to understand, but starting off like that scares everyone and sadly, discourages others from getting the vaccine.  Just this morning I read about a superspreader party where everyone got sick except those who were vaccinated.  Not a one came down with Covid.  That's pretty good evidence that the vaccine works.  I got the vaccine because I don't want to get it, die from it or spread it to anyone else.  That last one is pretty important in my book.

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB  Thankyou, Happy 4th to you too!

My former dentist & her staff have always worn masks. I didn't make my selfish clear. While sitting in the waiting room it's mandatory for patients to wear masks. She also plexiglassed the desk area.

She even went so far to say that she's too young to contact Covid which is totally wrong & absolutely assinine. My daughter is young & got very ill with covid as I told her & also tryed to convince her to get vacinnated for herself & for the safety of her patients. She said she was in good health & by the way so was my daughter. Hopefully, I was able to make her rethink her choice & also make it mandatory for her staff as well.

My feeling is this vacinne has not proved yet that it will prevent covid for the long run. There is no proof since the shots were given this year. Could be that people will need a vacinne yearly. Its much too early to assume it a one off & done. Most of us know that is the case.

Honored Contributor

I think if you're uncomfortable with her choice not to be vaccinated, then you should find another dentist.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

Many medical professionals have not gotten their shots.

If you were so adamant about people working on you having shots you should have inquired before your appointment.  

eta:  The mask mandates and safety precautions in medical offices is required by state. She should be wearing a mask and gloves when working on you which is usual dentist protocol long before a pandemic

@hopi, would you be good enough to site the statistics that you've seen that indicate that your first sentence is valid, please?

OOPS, guessing nobody here is into statistical EVIDENCE. 

I'm out.

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

You are right to be upset because she is risking your health. I have a friend who is a dentist in Boston and he has been vaccinated and also wears full PPE when working on patients. My own dentist is vaccinated and wears full PPE in the office.

How? 

The OP was vaccinated, the dentist was wearing PPE. 

If the vaccine works then how?

Honored Contributor

My friend was fully vaccinated in January. She has been down with the Delta variant for 2 weeks...very very sick. I wouldn't go back to that dentist either.