Honored Contributor

My Daughter is On the Alaska Cruise Right Behind the One Oprah Is On

My daughter just texted me late last night that she and her family are on the Alaska cruise right behind Oprah.  She's on the cruise right in front of them.

I just saw on "The Talk" where they posted a video someone with Oprah posted and she's talking and waving to the people on her cruise.  

Maybe they announced on her cruise Oprah was right ahead of them?  I don't know how she knew.  Funny because in our travels we've seen quite a few famous people and she's never been excited or impressed.  Maybe because some of the people she's with thought it was neat, she posted it.  Surprises me she'd even post it and then suddenly Julie on The Talk showed Oprah waving and making friends with people on her cruise.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Daughter is On the Alaska Cruise Right Behind the One Oprah Is On

Oh, how nice.  I just saw that on The Talk.  Oprah loves to talk, I guess, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised Oprah doesn't own her own ship.  It's so plebeian to take a commercial cruise. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm surprised Oprah doesn't own her own ship.  It's so plebeian to take a commercial cruise. 

@Kachina624

😊😊😊😊😊

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66: WOW! That's the trip of a lifetime!!

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 I know quite a few people who did the Alaska cruise (people here too).  The reason my daughter's Mother in-law wanted to do that because she hadn't done it in a long time.  These are two people (she and husband) who have cruised around the world 3 times, just for a start.  You wouldn't believe the places they've been.  They are never home.

I couldn't do that.  I like being home.  When my husband was alive we traveled quite a bit.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz I was surprised too!  I would have questioned it but that same night on one of those entertainment shows it showed her hanging over the balcony yelling to the people below and mentioned the cruise, etc.

We could think of this two ways.  Either she 'needs' the adoration of 'the little people' or she just enjoys being around other people.

I like to think the best in people so I prefer to think the latter.  That she enjoys people and just wanted to experience it like other people do.

Respected Contributor

I'd want to be on the cruise in front of oprah not behind her.

Esteemed Contributor

SHe is on a Holland America cruise.  her company just signed a big partnership deal with them.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Oprah travels on a ship often enough to own one.  All she has to do is book the whole ship if she wants for whenever she wants.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)