Honored Contributor

Re: My Dad Passed Away Suddenly

@KaliaMonet I am SO TERRIBLY SORRY this happened to you. I lost my wonderful dad exactly the same way, even to the fact that he went to the garden to plant his asparagus. 

A loss like this is never easy, but to lose someone so young is especially painful.

If you are a person of Faith you may find consolation in the fact that he didn't linger or suffer. 

Although my dad died died several years ago, I think of him every day. I have come to believe that when there is a bond of this kind between loved ones, they are never really lost to us.

Please take care of yourself, and I will most certainly remember you in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers picsImage result for sending hugs pics

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You dear sweet child how my heart hurts for you and your family.  You are being prayed for by so very many at this very moment.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss. Cakers is right in parents don't always tell you of their health issues. We know my dad is having issues. We also know he's not telling us everything. I live 20 hrs away so it's not like I can just go over there.

My uncle also died of lung cancer. He had gone to his doctor 3 times. The doctor sent him home the 1st 2 times saying he had a cold. The 3rd time he sent him over to the hospital for tests. They admitted him after finding lung cancer. He died the next day. His sister also died of lung cancer. She was a nurse so caught hers early. She went thru treatment for 3 yrs before she died. Her cancer came back from previous breast cancer.

Honored Contributor

@KaliaMonet I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing.  I lost my dad to cancer which was never diagnosed until a few weeks before he passed.  All those years of tests and scans apparently never turned up a thing which to this day still pains me.  Good thoughts and prayers to you and your family to start your healing process.  Heart

Valued Contributor

@KaliaMonet       I am at a loss for words. You wrote a beautiful tribute to your father. In time I hope you find some peace in your heart. He was lucky to have you as a daughter. My parents passed 31 days apart unexpectedly. My heart breaks for you and your family. I will be praying for you all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry and believe me, I understand as I lost both parents within a year of each other.  It isn't easy.

But try to think of it this way... your dear Dad didn't know, felt good, and was doing something he enjoyed.... if we all had the choice, I believe most of us would choose not knowing.  

I don't know why these things happen, a full physical and then someone passes anyway.  It just seems to me that there is so much more to Medicine and how much we really don't know as well as how much and how good the Medical community is.... sometimes it seems to be a toss up.  

My Mother's Lung Cancer wasn't found until it was too late... her's was stage 4 and she was petrified.  She passed away from a puImonary embolism (it was fast) 3 weeks after diagnosis even tho they told us she had six months.... I know you're angry and that's seriously part of losing someone you love.  Please take that energy from your anger and try to direct it towards helping the rest of your family....  Take care and God Bless....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@KaliaMonet

Oh my dear....my heartfelt condolences go out to you.  My neighbor for over fifteen years died about five years ago from cancer that was diagnosed only a couple of months before he died.

My sister died of colon cancer in 2005 and I believe she knew she had it for some time (now that I look back) but didn't tell a soul.

Cancer is such an insidious disease.  Sometimes doctors can't find it until it's too late.  It is the nature of some kinds of cancers.  

I wish you well and am glad you came to the forums to talk.  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

i felt your pain unlike any other on this board and i can't tell you how sorry i am.  this wonderful man, your dad, was taken much to soon.

i don't know how doctors miss these things, but i would like to say that it almost sounds like your dad wasn't suffering.  that is a blessing.

sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Respected Contributor

@KaliaMonet...I am so very sorry.  (((Hugs)))

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.