Esteemed Contributor

Awww. My husband told me (just today) that he now regrets never having children of his own. He said he thought of it at my dads funeral weeks ago. He said he thought how lucky my dad was to have kids, grandkds and great grandkids, and that not many people will be at his (my DHs funeral) and that he has no one to leave his things too if I am not here and he thinks my kids wont bother with him if Im not here.

He was married long ago but never had kids, I was married before too, and I have 2 kids and 3 grandkids and they are close to him and hes close to them. I told my DH long ago when I first dated him that he would have been a wonderful father and he said (back then) no he never wanted kids.

I wonder if this happened to anyone else on here, later in life? And no we arent having any, Im a mom of 2 and grandmother of 3 and no Im not going and cant go there! lol.

So I told him well my kids and grandkids will be at his funeral if Im no longer here! They adore him. But I just felt bad he said that, because honestly I cant imagine what my life would have been like hadnt I had kids and grandkids myself.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles