Esteemed Contributor

My DH Fell Asleep During FB Church This Morning!

[ Edited ]

I grew up in a fairly rural Mennonite community, and used to watch the farmers fall asleep in church every Sunday morning. I, for one, love not having to get dressed up for church;  but, the sofa can be awfully comfortable sometimes. Frankly, except for the lack of congregational singing, I'm feeling ok with this for now. I miss the feeling of community, however.

UPDATED!: This seems to have been turned into a forum to criticise QVC and refute  those criticisms. It was meant to be a lighthearted post about how we are coping with our church services during social distancing. So sorry I started it. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My DH Fell Asleep During FB Church This Morning!

If I want to get sleepy, I just turn on the Q. How BORING!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@kivah   I set the timer on my TV and QVC lulls me to sleep at night.  Better than a lullaby.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kivah   I set the timer on my TV and QVC lulls me to sleep at night.  Better than a lullaby.

I turned on the Q a couple of hours ago. David - again in the kitchen - with the 10 pc stainless steel pots for a bargain price of $222. He had at least 5 burners going - and he was drooling over every pot. Then, they switched to the real chef - who was talking up these pots.

Oy Vey!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks for confirming the impression your posts have given me for years: that you are with QVC 24/7.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee    Sorry to say, I never watch QVC at all anymore except for the weekly Denim & Co show.  Most of the hosts get on my nerves big-time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624. I said "with" not "watching." That includes being here on the board.
Valued Contributor

There hasn't been anything on I really want. Anyone interested in a 600$ BBQer? I'm saving my money since my job asked us to reduce our own hours so they won't have to. I have to make sure I have enough to pay the rent and the rest. Last item I bought was a Temptations set on clearance, lunch special, something. If I see something I like, I just add it to my Wish List for now.

Honored Contributor

The pastor's sermon will invariably put me to sleep, whether on TV or live-in-person.

Honored Contributor

I could see how watching services on TV would put you to sleep.  TV puts most people to sleep no matter what's on.

During a Catholic Service in church, most people stay awake...too much standing, sitting and kneeling.  As soon as you get comfortable, it's time to change position.