Honored Contributor

Re: My Company's personal holiday gift...Get Ready

[ Edited ]

@LIG1  Already done.  Heart

PS:  Except the Panera one.  I saved that for the kids since it's obviously already been partially used.  

Honored Contributor

I worked for Talbots many many years ago.  At one time they gave bonuses to their employees.  The gifts got less and less, and then one year we got a gift card to Kroger in an unmarked amount.  I thought it was probably $25.  It was $5!  I couldn't believe it.  Everyone said they'd rather have nothing than a $5 gift card.  The next year we got nothing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I bet no one has this beat -

My boss is a nut when it comes to gifting at the holidays.  So this year I received a screwdriver (one of those with multiple heads), a coupon book and a can of nut and bolt loosening spray.  A couple of months ago he brought the coupon books up here to sell for his daughter.  It didn't appear that anyone bought one, so I guess he bought some for his employees!  He had a story to tell about the can of bolt loosening spray and how great it is, so he thought we'd like some.  Maybe the men did, but me?  Not so much...  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl  Unless you work in a machine shop, I think I just dropped to third.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

All I can say is this, Be Thankful to those who have a job. Bonus or no bounus, gifts or no gifts. There are people out there that are unemployed and would be thankful if they could have a job. That would be the best Christmas gift of all. 

Trusted Contributor

No, I work for a large utility company.  LOL!  He's given me enough tools to fully equip my tool belt with them (if I had a tool belt.)  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Personally, I think she was just checking to make sure I hadn't turned in my notice yet.  Wait for it.  It's coming. Smiley Indifferent

I think they already know.

This probably was intentional...if you haven’t figured it out by now.

Trusted Contributor

Generosity abounding here, huge company /w assets in billions - decades working there. 

No bonus/gift - HOWEVER  ** drum roll , please** -

Employees may have an office party if held  prior to or after  work hours  , provided employees furnish all food/drinks , paper plates , and plastics.

I am simply overwhelmed.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Personally, I think she was just checking to make sure I hadn't turned in my notice yet.  Wait for it.  It's coming. Smiley Indifferent

I think they already know.

This probably was intentional...if you haven’t figured it out by now.

@sidsmom  Oh I believe they have noticed I have completely disengaged but I don't give them credit for the bad intention.  It's just right in line with how this company treats its employees.  At a distance and shabbily.  They do the same to their customers.  

Honored Contributor

@twocent wrote:

Generosity abounding here, huge company /w assets in billions - decades working there. 

No bonus/gift - HOWEVER  ** drum roll , please** -

Employees may have an office party if held  prior to or after  work hours  , provided employees furnish all food/drinks , paper plates , and plastics.

I am simply overwhelmed.

@twocent  OMG!  If you also have to karaoke for your music, I'm rolling around on the floor some more.  Smiley LOL