Honored Contributor

My Company's personal holiday gift...Get Ready

So a woman came in and hands me an envelope and apologizes for her very bad cold.  I think it's a holiday card which some of my customers give me every year.  She makes some small talk and I thank her and she leaves wiping her nose. 

I look at the return envelope address, realize it's from our company, and finally it clicks who she is.  She is one of our regional managers.   Oh and my first name is spelled wrong on the envelope.  Really?  Like it's hard?   

I open the envelope and there is a thank you note along with the latest company promo slogan that I have no idea what it means (it's stupid) and two $10 gift cards to fast food places along with a third card which is unmarked. 

All three are disgustingly dirty and have "stuff" all over them.  I don't even want to know. They are not attached to their cardboard sleeves and have obviously been carried around for quite a while. 

I now have $10 to spend at Subway, Chilis, and an unknown amount at Panera. Maybe.  It wouldn't surprise me if they are expired or already used.  

I do appreciate the gift gesture but sometimes it's best to just do the holiday card along with a proper spelling of your employee's first name.  It would have been better.

Personally, I think she was just checking to make sure I hadn't turned in my notice yet.  Wait for it.  It's coming. Smiley Indifferent

Anyone else get a gift from their employer this year?  I'm throwing mine up for contention.  Go ahead and try to beat this one!  Smiley Very Happy     

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Company's personal holiday gift...Get Ready

At least you received something.  I GET ZIPPO, NOTHING, NADDA !!!

I used to but they stopped it 6 yrs ago.  So much for appreciation right ?

Have yourself a GREAT CHRISTMAS though.  Family, health, is all we really need right ?  But a big old BONUS would be awesome.

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy  On behalf of the fellow working world, THANK YOU for all you do and have a great holiday!  HeartSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I worked 42 years and never got a sandwich, a pickle, a drink or a bag of chips.  I guess I'm lucky because I didn't have to complain about getting something!  LOL!!!

But then it never occurred to me I would get something, so I look back and think at least I was never disappointed! 

Super Contributor

Well we used to get a $10 gift card to Target , that was 4 yrs ago .

Now we get nothing , no card . 

They have a xmas party , but as I work the night shift I have to miss it if it falls on my night to work .

So Merry Christmas to you all .

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  Well your gift IS pretty lame, at best.   I received the same gift I have received every year since I started working there........0, zilch, nada!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I wish I could hand these cards off to someone who will use them.  I guess the kids will make use of them since I can't give them out here.  And I would.

I do appreciate her thought and told her so and this post is obviously tongue in cheek.  

I guess it's what you finally get when you put them all in their place a few weeks back and demand some respect after she and a few others in her department tried to make me look bad to cover their own butts.   

This is the first time in 3 years they even thought of me at holiday time and one of the few times they acknowledge I even exist.  They are losing another support person at the end of the year so maybe it's dawning on them to be nice to the people that actually run the place or we'll all be waving goodbye.     

Honored Contributor

Memories ! When I started working at Christmas my chief, gave us a certificate stating that Gideon bibles had bee donated in our name, not my favorite gift , but whatever. Later the same guy, left his third wife, started smoking and did a  total 180 personality change. That .Christmas we go the perfume " Charlie ", did I mention he was insane ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

As the only non family employee to this special family I work for the past twenty years I am truly blessed and especially at Christmas.  I "police" myself carefully with the bonus for spending through out the year slowly instead of all at once.  That way I always have a bit to spend the next Christmas for fun even if it is a year old.   They are good to so many people and even continued paying their Grandmother's decades upon decades housekeeper monthly when she retired 25 years ago.  Her funeral was just last week-end and that continued income was a blessing with her social security benefits.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1  ROFLMAO!!  Smiley Very Happy  I stand in second place!