Trusted Contributor

As all of us know this time of year is hard for those of us that have the loss of a loved one. My Mom has been gone for 27 years now and this time of year doesn't get easier.

When she passed my step father took everything, literally cleaned out the house behind my back and moved back to Florida. I never heard from him again.

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from a lady looking for me. She was his daughter saying he had passed and was asking me about items in his house that were my Mom's. Slowly one by one she has been mailing me back some of my Mother's things that were left.

I can't express in words how greatful I am to have this wonderful Angel come into my life.

That is my Christmas Miracle .

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sweetee2 , it is indeed a Christmas miracle.  God bless this woman for her act of kindness.  It would have been so much easier for her to do nothing.  It gives you faith that there is is heart and goodness in the world.  I am so happy that you will some of your mother's possessions as remembrances.  LM

Respected Contributor

Aw @sweetee2  what a wonderful story, soooo happy for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@sweetee2  After reading your post I got goose bumps! His daughter certainly is acting like an angel. 
   Things my mother and grandmothers had aren't valuable to most people but they certainly are to me! I'm sure it's the same with you.

My grandmother died in 1960, she did beautiful paintings. Her brother sent me an Autumn scene she painted that I had never seen. I framed it and it's with her others. He has passed away and it wouldn't t have any meaning for his family. 
   I'm so glad for you that you had a Christmas miracle!

Valued Contributor

Wow, I can understand this.  I had a stepmother who did the same thing.  Unfortunately after she passed their was no offer of getting any of the things that would have any meaning to my brother or myself.  His daughter must have been a very special person.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry you had to go through all this but I can't tell you how overjoyed I am for you finally recovering some of your mother's belongings. 

Honored Contributor

Extremely happy for you, it is truly a miracleSmiley Happy  May God bless the lady who contacted you.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She's a good person.

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 

Truly a wonderful experience !

Recently I discovered a classmate from high and grade school who now lives quite close by.  We reconnected by “ accident “ I am sure after he husband recently passed over.

We decided to meet for lunch on Thursday at a pizzeria from our old neighborhood.  For some unknown reason, I went and selected a Christmas ornament that also could serve as a St. Patrick’s Day ornament.  Then I realized that her father must have guided me their to gift her with it.  He was Irish and devoted to her.  

When she saw it, she asked if I knew somehow that she was going to Ireland for Holy Week.  It went right onto the tree.  We talked at length about her dad and the many memories shared.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

That is really good news, she did not take after her dad.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.