Esteemed Contributor

My Car Is (FINALLY) Paid Off!!!

[ Edited ]

I bought my 2013 Toyota in 2014, and it had less than 1,000 miles on it.

I found it totally by chance, and yes, I financed it. (Sorry, but I'm not made of $$$)

Before that, I was driving a 1986 Nissan pick-up truck, that had gotten rear-ended when I was stopped at a stop light.

My parents bought it new, paid cash for it, and it got handed down to me, and it was still on it's origional transmission, and had only 150,000 miles on it after all of those years.

I paid off the loan early.

I'm kind of in shock knowing that I no longer have to make monthly payments on it.

It's mine!

ALL MINE!

I should get the Title in a couple of weeks.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: My Car Is (FINALLY) Paid Off!!!

It is a great feeling..Good for you

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Don't you feel good about yourself now.  You have a vehicle that you worked and paid for by yourself and owe noone a thing.  Ride in good health and enjoy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Congratulations  It'll be a great feeling every month to know that that money is yours, all yours.  My car is 16 years old and was paid off long ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Congratulations!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations !

Respected Contributor

It's a great feeling, enjoy it to the max.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations!!!!   That is a HUGE accomplishment and it must feel like you have a heavy load lifted from you.

I know it seems like you will now have extra money and who doesn't need that?????  BUT...please take my advice and keep making that extra payment to yourself for your retirement rather than spending it each month.  It will grow so much over the years if you resist all temptations to spend it.  So many people are lucky enough to live longer these days and there often isn't enough money set aside to support yourself all those years.  Once you get there, there is never any new source of income for the rest of your life, yet all your bills continue to go up each & every year.  You are currently use to living without that money, so gift it to your future now that the car is paid off.  You will be so happy later...trust me.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

Congratulations.My car is 12 years old and has about 95,000 miles on it and I hope it lasts a long while. Now that I'm retired, I hardly use it. I'm a budgeter, so when I paid off my vehicle, I put most of the money that I was paying on the car into an account so that if I needed to get another vehicle, I'd have a good down payment, but that's just how I am. Sometimes I drive myself nuts. Anyhow, enjoy that car that is totally yours now.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations @Anonymous032819 -Well done!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"