Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Burger King Impossible whopper experience

[ Edited ]

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
Once I was told the coupon didn’t include the impossible burger, I would’ve said oops my mistake or buy one if I wanted it.....Btw White Castle sells the impossible burger too. They’re very good!

Yes, that's the point, I think.  It was her mistake. No matter what she was told, the receipt indicated what it could be used for.  She also hadn't realized she had to make additional purchases (a drink and a side).  It's always best to read thoroughly before assuming.

I've never been to a White Castle!  They're pretty legendary.

Honored Contributor

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57073731_10156277732557843_8295180005906841600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=f35f7658e459e6efeed4c8e62a441e04&oe=5D4DA766

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh...I want one now. 🍔🍟 but with meat lol

Honored Contributor

I would not have accepted the offer either....classic bait and switch. I can’t stand Burger King anyway....this just gives me one more reason not to go there.
Honored Contributor

I think since she had tried the impossible burger the implication was that would be the free one...there was no exclusion on the coupon according to OP. Best resolution...never go there again.
Honored Contributor

if you go to burger king to get a WHOPPER.....you get the basic whopper burger with pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup.

to order a DIFFERENT whopper you need to call it what it is. WHOPPER with cheese, WHOPPER with bacon, impossible WHOPPER, double WHOPPER, double WHOPPER with cheese, angry WHOPPER.....you get the idea.

the coupon states that you get a WHOPPER for free if you purchase a drink and fries. it doesnt say any whopper......it says whopper.  no bait and switch at all. it really isnt ambiguous to me at all, but then i do go to burger king sometimes and know the "rules" and what to ask for.

i may have to go tomorrow to get a burger......all this talk is making me crave one!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I have NEVER eaten or ordered from Burger King and don't intend to. You can smell the grease from OUTSIDE the place - NAUSEATING.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if you go to burger king to get a WHOPPER.....you get the basic whopper burger with pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup.

to order a DIFFERENT whopper you need to call it what it is. WHOPPER with cheese, WHOPPER with bacon, impossible WHOPPER, double WHOPPER, double WHOPPER with cheese, angry WHOPPER.....you get the idea.

the coupon states that you get a WHOPPER for free if you purchase a drink and fries. it doesnt say any whopper......it says whopper.  no bait and switch at all. it really isnt ambiguous to me at all, but then i do go to burger king sometimes and know the "rules" and what to ask for.

i may have to go tomorrow to get a burger......all this talk is making me crave one!

Exactly.

No bait and switch. Simply an expectation that was founded in misunderstanding on the OP's part.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I would not have accepted the offer either....classic bait and switch. I can’t stand Burger King anyway....this just gives me one more reason not to go there.

It's not bait & switch at all.  The Impossible Whopper is not the same thing as a Whopper.  All she had to do was read the coupon.  It clearly said what it could be used for.  Her assumption was incorrect.  

Honored Contributor

Ewww, after what I just read about the Impossible Burger, I won't be trying one.  

IMPOSSIBLE BURGER