Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Burger King Impossible whopper experience

All that? Another reason not to eat at fast food places. But can I ask you a question? Is there any cross contamination with meat when they prepare that impossible burger? Reason I ask is we have impossible burgers here at restaurants (very good) and 2 of my granddaughters are vegan and my daughter and another granddaughter are vegetarian. So their concern with BK getting these Impossible burgers is will the Impossible burger be be made alone and not near any meat and or dairy products (for the vegans)?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

After reading this thread, I was very excited to have this burger.  When I got to Burger King I excitedly asked if they had impossible burgers, she said "Excuse me."  So I guess they aren't in all areas.

Respected Contributor

Oh think they are making vegan burgers get ready. Heard something but not sure yet but may be coming. It would be smart for all fast foods to do this. I saw fast foods around the world they study the diet of each country, Japan is into fish their Mc D's caters to that, another country no meat so soy bean burgers with spicy sauce. Mc'D's around the world have more products than just the US which we never heard of. Let's not forget about the GF people oh they are trying to please everyone. New items are coming soon but remember we have the right to choose. MY DD company picnic had burgers, hot dogs & vegan burgers only water to drink, potato salad, cookie or fruit for desert, they try to make it nice for everyone. So many diets & try to make each person happy can be hard. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Has anyone heard about the new Burger King impossible whopper?  I heard that it's being tested only here in St. Louis (not sure if true or not)  It's a new plant based burger that supposed to taste like a real hamburger. So I bought one about a week ago and it was very very good and taste like a regular burger ! Awesome !  Now here's my story, they told me to complete the survey on the back of the receipt and I could bring the receipt back for a free impossible whopper. I completed the online survey, was given a automated number to fill in on the back of the receipt. I decided today that I would pick up my free burger. Got in line at the drive through, told the order taker what I was there for and found out I had to purchase a drink and regular side to get the free burger. That was fine. Got to the window to pay and then told the impossible whopper was not included. What a rip off I told the manager. She said well the receipt said a free whopper, chicken sandwhich and some other sandwhich. I told her the receipt just said a free whopper but did not exclude the impossible whopper, she said she understood my concern,offered me a discount on the impossible whopper, I said no, false advertisement and left. I called the main office in Florida to complain and they offered to send me a coupon for a discount on the burger. I declined, false advertising. IMO if they say free, it should be free. The coupon was for a dollar off the 5 dollar burger.  Would you have excepted the offer ? I don't feel they were acting in good faith, told by customer service that it was just a oversight and they understood my concern. I will probable buy another impossible whopper at some point but bad customer service for such a big company

@Goodie2shoes 

Even though I haven't had a whopper for over 40 years, I  wanted go read this, BUTT!!

My eyes cannot handle long paragraphs without punctuation.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

LOL be glad no whopper so funny yep 40yrs and still continue on rather go there than Mc d's, these burgers are almost $5 now, We go once a month & hate going, don't feel good afterwards . Maybe a subway is a better choice I told DH I am done with not feeling good, but he need a fix, half the time I don't get anything. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I stopped eating at BK when they moved their corporate headquarters to Canada to avoid paying corporate income taxes in the US.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I stopped eating at BK when they moved their corporate headquarters to Canada to avoid paying corporate income taxes in the US.

Very smart move!!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I have not had any food from Burger King in 5 years.

Honored Contributor

We don’t  eat fast food anymore..but it sure smells good when I walk past.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

Am I the only person that doesn’t “call corporate?”  

O/T they have good onion rings.

@Mj12 @Goodie2shoes 

These days people need to make their voices heard.   So often people sit back and say nothing when something really needs to be said. There will always be some people who won’t appreciate an opinion, and they might criticize you for it, but if it’s for your benefit and the benefit of others, it might do something to promote the common good.  The silent majority has no input....

I agree, but I also think we have to choose our battles.  Every little thing doesn't warrant a call to Corporate or even a complaint to anyone at all.

The coupon listed what it could be used for, and that's all that matters.  It's not realistic to expect it to list everything that's excluded.  A Whopper Jr would probably also be excluded, so I would assume that not all Whoppers would be part of the deal - just what was written on the coupon/receipt/or whatever it was.

So the way I see it is that they didn't have to honor it for the Impossible Whopper.  It would have been nice to do so for the OP, but they're really supposed to go by what's written.  (Anything in writing takes precedence over anything verbal.)

In any case, for me this would not be a "Call Corporate" situation.  Not by a long shot.  Once I was told I couldn't use the coupon the way I wanted, I would have either bought what I wanted, or left and moved on with my day.