Respected Contributor

Re: My Burger King Impossible whopper experience

@Goodie2shoes    Thank you for your review of the new BK meatless burger.   It sounds good, and a great idea.   Lots of people who are cutting back on meat, or vegetarians still would like to enjoy a good burger.   BK will be attracting those new customers.

I've had vegetarian burgers at a few places and they've all been very good. 

I agree with you about the false advertising.  Makes no sense to have a survey done by people who ordered the meatless burger and then offer them only a meat burger in return.   The manager you spoke to at the restaurant should've just given you the Impossible Whopper as a good faith gesture.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes. you requested the impossible and it wasn’t possible.How could you possibly expect the impossible?LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Really...life's too short.  I probably would have been disappointed, but it would have been forgotten by the time I left the lot.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

. . .

Spoiler: it’s about bad service at a fast-food restaurant. 

Thank you @sidsmom .

Couldn't make it through that solid wall of print.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

sidsmom said she thought this was a product review:   I said the plant based burger was very good in my post. When it comes to your area and you like burgers give it a try because it is very good.

someone else said all this over a free burger. My post did not say the impossible burger was free

@Goodie2shoes 

A few days ago on the ESPN Golic & Wingo Show they were talking about this burger, and Chef Michael Symon from Food Network is a fan of this ESPN sports show,(loves Cleveland sports teams--he's a Cleveland native) he heard the comment about the burger and called in, he said the burger is quite good and you cant tell its plant based...tastes just like a beef burger........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a major overreaction to me.  BK was perfectly willing to give the free burger or sandwich, provided the correct type of burger or sandwich was ordered.  The Impossible Whopper wasn't included on the coupon.  Period.  Expecting BK to include every exclusion on the coupon is expecting too much.  There probably wouldn't be enough room on the coupon to write it all.  It's much simpler to only list the included options, which they did.  There was no false advertising.  

The OP's misunderstanding of the coupon doesn't obligate the restaurant to kowtow to her demands.  However, in situations like this, as a matter of good customer relations the manager has the leeway to override the order and comp the mistakenly ordered sandwich.  I have a feeling that the manager would have been more willing to do that if the OP didn't go into attack mode when stating "what a ripoff" rather than asking for clarification and asking for a favor since the original order taker made a mistake by accepting the order in the first place.  

Refusing the additional discount coupon was just spiteful.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

Am I the only person that doesn’t “call corporate?”  

O/T they have good onion rings.

@Mj12 @Goodie2shoes 

These days people need to make their voices heard.   So often people sit back and say nothing when something really needs to be said. There will always be some people who won’t appreciate an opinion, and they might criticize you for it, but if it’s for your benefit and the benefit of others, it might do something to promote the common good.  The silent majority has no input....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Melvin-QVC wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Has anyone heard about the new Burger King impossible whopper?  I heard that it's being tested only here in St. Louis (not sure if true or not)  It's a new plant based burger that supposed to taste like a real hamburger. So I bought one about a week ago and it was very very good and taste like a regular burger ! Awesome !  Now here's my story, they told me to complete the survey on the back of the receipt and I could bring the receipt back for a free impossible whopper. I completed the online survey, was given a automated number to fill in on the back of the receipt. I decided today that I would pick up my free burger. Got in line at the drive through, told the order taker what I was there for and found out I had to purchase a drink and regular side to get the free burger. That was fine. Got to the window to pay and then told the impossible whopper was not included. What a rip off I told the manager. She said well the receipt said a free whopper, chicken sandwhich and some other sandwhich. I told her the receipt just said a free whopper but did not exclude the impossible whopper, she said she understood my concern,offered me a discount on the impossible whopper, I said no, false advertisement and left. I called the main office in Florida to complain and they offered to send me a coupon for a discount on the burger. I declined, false advertising. IMO if they say free, it should be free. The coupon was for a dollar off the 5 dollar burger.  Would you have excepted the offer ? I don't feel they were acting in good faith, told by customer service that it was just a oversight and they understood my concern. I will probable buy another impossible whopper at some point but bad customer service for such a big company

Wow, that was a lot.  I probably would've also thought the impossible whopper was included.  However, once I received clarification that it wasn't, I would've either decided to continue with the purchase or drive off the way you did.  I would offer feedback on how it could be worded better and how misleading it was.  I'm not sure if I would go as far as calling the corporate office because as they say, I have bigger fish to fry or other battles to choose.  Sounds like we're talking about a $5.00 burger??  IMO and with everything I deal with in life and with allllll of the other food places to eat... Burger King of all places would not get that much of my energy.   

@Melvin-QVC  et al.

I'm glad she shared her experience and see no reason why she wouldn't go as far as corporate.  No one wants to step up to the plate--so to speak. 

If you don't take some things to the top, you'll just deal with the (trying to think of a *nice* title--and I can't!) who are handling things at the bottom.

And you'll get no where.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes --I had an Impossible Burger at one of my favorite restaurants last Friday night.  It was $17.  Came with a side salad and did have avocado and marinated onions on top.  I love them.

Valued Contributor

Once I was told the coupon didn’t include the impossible burger, I would’ve said oops my mistake or buy one if I wanted it.....Btw White Castle sells the impossible burger too. They’re very good!