Trusted Contributor

Re: My Burger King Impossible whopper experience

First off, how many ppl who regularly go to fast food joints really care so much about their health that they'd spring $5 for a burger? I doubt if this was thought out well.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I can see is that the "free" offer seems to hinge on the exact wording of the offer.  If they're always going to ffer the new plant-based burger always as the Im[ossible Burger, they're going to need to add the exclusion to their "free" offer.

Not many people would catch that difference if they don't.

I do think they're testing that burger -  at least according to my local paper it's not around here.  ??? is it more expensive than a regular whopper?

Respected Contributor

the new plant based burger at Carls Jr. is the beyond burger. i have heard that they are good but $7.00 for a fast food burger??? pass.

Respected Contributor

Melvin-QVC wrote: Wow, that was a lot. I probably would've also thought the impossible whopper was included. However, once I received clarification that it wasn't, I would've either decided to continue with the purchase or drive off the way you did. I would offer feedback on how it could be worded better and how misleading it was. I'm not sure if I would go as far as calling the corporate office because as they say, I have bigger fish to fry or other battles to choose. Sounds like we're talking about a $5.00 burger?? IMO and with everything I deal with in life and with allllll of the other food places to eat... Burger King of all places would not get that much of my energy.

My reason for calling corporate was that it was misleading to the customer. I could care less about getting a free burger and yes I have bigger fish to fry.  The manager at the burger king was very nice and urged me to please fill out the survey when I bought the first burger because she wanted their store to be noticed by the company because the roll out of the burger was here in St. Louis so I promised her I would do it. I never fill out any surveys, just not my thing and I think that was the last survey for me !

Honored Contributor

I am seeing this "burger" featured at many restaurants but haven't tried it.

Honored Contributor

I don't do fast food.  Who knows where and how the "food" was sourced?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

Good for you.  What if you bought the Impossible Whopper because you were a vegan...they give you a coupon for a meat Whopper.  Wouldn't vegans be a bit insulted?

So why is Burger King offering meatless Whoppers if not to lure vegans, vegetarians, anti-corporate agriculture animal cruelty advocates, and environmentalists who are actually increasing in numbers...the reason why more restaurants are jumping on the meatless hamburger bandwagon.

Offering customers a free Whopper made from real beef isn't going to get them to return.  

Customer Service at headquarters told you it was an oversight.  They're launching a new product...and this is an oversight?  

They pay executives millions of dollars to think up "oversights."

Honored Contributor

Am I the only person that doesn’t “call corporate?”  

O/T they have good onion rings.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Am I the only person that doesn’t “call corporate?”  

O/T they have good onion rings.

Nope. Okay, I did once and only once. Delta returned my valet/pink tag checked rollerbag with the frame crushed and everything in it reaking of Jet A. THAT was worth a phone call. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   The promotion was poorly written. Surveys are usually a joke.  About a month ago I did a McDonalds survey.  BOGO free sausage McMuffin with egg.  Cost me 3.75.  The normal specials are 2/$4.  I saved a big quarter.  But.....my sisters neighbor fills out all kinds of surveys and won a $500 gift  card to the store.  So go figure.