Trusted Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life premiering on TLC- Thoughts? Will you watch?

On 12/28/2014 AnnaBella said:

The world is full of talented wonderful people. We come in all shapes and sizes. We all have challenges.SHE is addressing hers.

Best to her{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} and showing the world that being considered obese is not a life sentence where you should hide away in your home. You can be productive, and live a full life just because you are not a small size.

Thank you AnnaBella....nicely stated! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/28/2014 PurpleBunny said: No - I have no interest in watching. And I bet you a million bucks, she isn't as happy with herself as she pretends to be.

ITA - I wonder how much TLC is paying her to say that...... I'll probably watch it once.

The only "reality" show I love on TLC is "The Little Couple".... Just love them and those kids and the way they are being raised. I love Bill's sense of humor too.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I'd seek it out, but if I came across it channel surfing I'd likely watch.
Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 PurpleBunny said: No - I have no interest in watching. And I bet you a million bucks, she isn't as happy with herself as she pretends to be.

ITA...moving a mass that large throughout life can't be easy...no matter what kind of facade you have. I Googled her name...there's a video of her dancing to a popular song ('Talk Dirty To Me'). The YouTube video is only 1:20 long, but there are 4 breaks...clearly she can do an entire song without getting winded...and she's a self-proclaimed dancer?

Honored Contributor

As announced a while back, Kate Gosselin is coming back to the small screen: TLC has ordered a series of five hourlong specials after the relative success of this summer’s two-part special that helped fans reconnect with the star of the now-defunct former hit series Jon and Kate Plus 8.

The new series starts airing on January 13, with TLC releasing the first trailer for it some hours ago. You will find it embedded below in full.

Kate is now a single parent and that in itself is pretty difficult – imagine what she must be going through now that the kids are growing up, and as she puts it in the trailer as well, they each start to develop their own voice, which is getting louder and louder.

Rumor has it that what we see on camera isn’t even close to the truth because (allegedly) Kate receives help from nannies and other staff, so that all she gets to actually do is walk around the house barking orders, at both the kids and the staff.

If there’s any truth to these reports, we don’t get as much as a visual cue from the trailer, which shows a kind of domestic, adorable chaos ruling over the Gosselin household. We also see Kate going out of her way to provide for them educational and fun experiences, to keep them busy and constantly engaged.

Of course, she also has to tune them out every once in a while, and from the trailer, it seems that she’s found just the right tool to help her with that: a very loud mixer.

YUCK!! Can't she just go away!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

No. It's just another of the modern-day "freak shows" that TLC specializes in. Little people, hugely fat people, kinky people, people with 19 kids, people with 90-pound tumors.........

{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

I probably wont watch My Big Fat Fabulous Life but I do love The Little Couple..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee