Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Big Fat Fabulous Life premiering on TLC- Thoughts? Will you watch?

I would like to give it a chance...I saw the commercials for the up coming show...I was amazed at how agile she is ....I am not as heavy as she is and I can't move about like that...

Trusted Contributor

On 12/27/2014 santaslittlehelper said: So she should just hide away out of public view until she loses the weight? Nice attitude. And we wonder why people have eating disorders. Heaven forbid that someone should actually be able to maintain any sense of self-esteem if they are overweight. They should find themselves disgusting until they lose weight?

there is a difference between hiding away and having a "reality show" to flaunt it. I saw the commerical where she says she loves her body. I also saw a Dr Oz show where 4 women about her size went on and he offered to help them all lose weight and pay for the trainers etc, 3 of them said yes and one woman walked off the stage and said no, she liked being morbidly obese.

While we don't have to shame people who aren't the perfect size (and who is except models maybe), we don't have to celebrate those who are headed for an early grave either. Obesity is a condition that can be helped unlike diseases that can't. I think TLC looks for people like her, Mama June and those who are on my 600 lb life and uses them. It is not healthy for anyone to celebrate obesity.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor

I think it's good that she's happy, but I assume her doctor has told her to lose weight. Being hundreds of pounds overweight has to pose a huge risk to her life. I wouldn't watch even briefly unless she was trying to lose weight to at least a level that's not life-threatening. It's one thing to be happy with extra weight, but it's another thing to be dangerously overweight and celebrate it. I am assuming that at 380 pounds her life is in danger.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it very sad.

Super Contributor

The world is full of talented wonderful people. We come in all shapes and sizes. We all have challenges.SHE is addressing hers.

Best to her{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} and showing the world that being considered obese is not a life sentence where you should hide away in your home. You can be productive, and live a full life just because you are not a small size.

Honored Contributor

no

Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 SnowPink said: Not at all interested. She seems obnoxious.

I agree she comes across as obnoxious in her commercials. Nothing to do with her weight, but her personality.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

TLC use to stand for something.. “The Learning Channel”. Now its a horror show that basically makes you unlearn everything....harsh yes, but I use to enjoy the channel. It use to have very interesting and thought provoking shows, but something drastically changed. I’m guessing it wasn’t being profitable enough and its viewership was dwindling. So they slowly changed it. If they are pulling in alot more viewers and advertisement dollars, then I’m sure they consider it a success, but as far as I'm concerned they offer very few shows worth viewing.

Valued Contributor

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

On 12/27/2014 santaslittlehelper said: So she should just hide away out of public view until she loses the weight? Nice attitude. And we wonder why people have eating disorders. Heaven forbid that someone should actually be able to maintain any sense of self-esteem if they are overweight. They should find themselves disgusting until they lose weight?

according to a few posters here, yes. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel