Super Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:
My 2020 started on 12/23/19 when I inhaled floral foam that sent me to Urgent Care, I got worse second visit to urgent care on 12/26 was diagnosed with bronchitis and given antibiotics, I got worse went to urgent care again the following Saturday and finally to the ER on 12-31 I spent 8 nights in isolation with double pbeunomia and flu B. It too several months to recover. Covid hit mid March B was working at home and we isolated. In June life let up a little, we got to g away for a few days. Fast forward to early October when I break my hip, I am still recovering.
I feel like I have missed so much this year, here is an early wish for 2021 May it be healthy and peaceful for you

My goodness, you have really been through it!!! God bless you! I'm so sorry you're going through such difficulty. Please keep the faith, and I am sending lots of hugs and positive vibes for 2021! Heart

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Regular Contributor

"I feel like I have missed so much this year,"

You missed not getting Covid19.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox I hope your 2021 is better.  If you think about it you haven't missed out on anything in 2020,  because the pandemic and racial violence affected everything. Nothing happened but protests, violence, shortages, businesses failing,  unemployment.fear, sickness, death  and small victories that people personailly had surviving.

I know you had a really hard time but What do you think you missed that others enjoyed? Think of it that way.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox So sorry you've had a crappy year. But you're right, sometimes you just have to vent. Sometimes when you say it out loud, it actually helps take a load off your shoulders. And as I've been saying for months, 2020 just keeps on giving. And not in a good way!

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for all you had to go through this year.  Despite it all, I think you have turned the corner and are certainly due for a much better year in 2021.  May you continue to heal in your body and spirit.

Respected Contributor

To the posters who wrote unecessarily snarky replies to the dear OP: Way to kick a person when they're down. Be careful, you never know if or when you're the one who needs compassion

@I am still oxox I hope things get better for you soon.

Honored Contributor

I retired as of 1-1-13, due to my husbands health.  Within 2 weeks, he was in ER with a new diagnosis of a worsening condition.   

From then thru 2019, we felt like we lived thru 2 levels of Hell, especially last year with the amputation.   

Moms dementia diagnosis was in 2017; we encouraged her to start using more convenience foods this year, and less from scratch cooking.   I'm cooking for 2-6 people every day, and doing what I can to keep mom safe and happy in her home.   

My 2020?   Actually, I have nothing to complain about.   Life has happened, and we've dealt with it.   Our lifestyle makes staying home and social distancing very easy.   My odd way of shopping has made living thru a pandemic, stress free.   COVID is active in my community, but the few people I see when I'm out, are wearing a mask.  

The rough years behind me help me appreciate each new day and be thankful for all the goodness that comes my way.   Faith sustains me every minute of every day and keeps me looking ahead.