Respected Contributor

My 2020 going out with a bang!

Well after what we have experienced here fires, evacuation, power outages for days, talk now of rain coming at last but beware of mud slides from debris from fires- we are now complete....... Big Bang at 1 a.m. then lights, then chain saws going ...... tree in driveway fallen over into middle of road.

Thank goodness for emergency crews who left around 3 a.m. we now have piles of sawn up tree on sides of road /drive to deal with and guess what it is our first day of rain.

2020 continues - as it is raining now - not hard thank goodness - worried about other trees - life is never dull!  

Honored Contributor

Re: My 2020 going out with a bang!

@dulwich. What a joy it must be to live in California!   I don't have any of that stuff.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

So sorry @dulwich . But I can't blame being on CA for that. I live on a wooded lot in the midwest and a huge tree limb (the limb the size of a tree itself!) Once went through my roof over my dining room.

But yes, this year was miserable for all of us but much more so for you. And there is still over half of December left in the year!

And don't forget to add to your list of woes your worry over your GD's pregnancy issues with the twins. 😬

On the bright side, everyone came through 2020 well so far and your house didn't burn down. 😃

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dulwich. What a joy it must be to live in California!   I don't have any of that stuff.

It amazes me that with all the problems CA has, real estate prices are still astronomical.  Go figah!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I understand what you meant but I lived my first 62 years in Southern California and it was a joy, despite power outages, rare torrential rain and hot summers and the occasional earthquake. I miss it so.

Due to circumstances I moved to WA state to live with my sis and BIL after my dear husband died. It's worked out fine but I am always homesick. My dear son and his family are still there and I am happiest when I visit them. Couldn't do it this year, of course.

@dulwich I'm so sorry for all you have had to and are dealing with but it's wonderful to hear from you. Wishing you and yours all the best in the days to come.

Esteemed Contributor

California sure has been tested this year. 

Respected Contributor

P.s. to my original post!  Just found that tree hit top of my SIL's new R.V. Big hole in top and it is raining!

What did we do on discovering this 5 mins ago?  All sat down and now crying with laughter!   Over and out!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It amazes me that with all the problems CA has, real estate prices are still astronomical.  Go figah!

I live SoCal, and it's no mystery to me why the real estate prices are high. @kaydee50 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

2020 just keeps on giving! And not in a good way.🎄

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I was born there and so were my parents.  It is no mystery to me either!  I now live across the lake from Seattle and our real estate is still booming also!