Esteemed Contributor

Re: My 2 year old GD loves my KJL clip-on earrings!

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Just so cute!  My grandaughter, who is 2&1/2, is just like yours.  She loves jewelry, pocketbooks, make-up, etc.  I never thought of clip-on earrings just for fun.  I have gotten her a few tiny pocketbooks with stuffed animal attached.  I'm going to get some jewelry for fun, part of her visits with her Mimi.  She has gotten into her mom's make-up more than once, and the end result pictures are so funny.

She is also tall and athletic, blue-eyes and light blonde hair, and a force to be reckoned with.  Laughs and giggles all the time.  Can you tell that her Mimi, 71 years old, is madly in love with her (and her 7 year old brother)?  The joys of my old age.

@PamfromCT

Hi Pam,

You sound like you're having a great time being Mimi to your two grandchildren.  Just to repeat back at you, but my GD sound just like yours, matching every description.  That giggle is something else, isn't it?

Does your granddaughter like roller coasters?  Several weeks ago, we went to the local amusement park, Oakes Park, before it closed for the winter, and DH just had to take her on the roller coaster built for kids, which wasn't all that small.  I didn't think she could go on it, but she met the height requirement.  I was nervous, seeing her in that seat with her Opa, I can tell you!  However, she loved it.  When the ride was done, she came running down the ramp and said, "I want to go again.  More, please, Oma!"  She cracks me up!

Hi @sfnative,  These two little girls could be twins!  I don't think mine has ever been on a kiddie roller coaster, but I know she would like it.  

She is fearless, like yours.  They have a large wooden gym set in their yard, with all the climbing ropes, etc., and she amazes us. Like a little monkey.  But she also loves her "babies," and even the real ones.  She goes to daycare twice a week, and they told my DIL she wants to get involved when she sees babies getting fed and sings babies lullabies.  Sounds like these little ladies are an interesting mix of femininity on one side, and fearless on the other.  Such a great way to be.  The best of both.  "She runs in high heels." Can you imagine them grown?  Their world will be full of women, very feminine, and very strong.  By the way, my DH is Opa to our GC.  His parents came from Germany way before WWII.  I chose Mimi because it sounded like it was a fun name.  Oh, how I wish we could get these two little charmers together.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My 2 year old GD loves my KJL clip-on earrings!

@PamfromCT wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Just so cute!  My grandaughter, who is 2&1/2, is just like yours.  She loves jewelry, pocketbooks, make-up, etc.  I never thought of clip-on earrings just for fun.  I have gotten her a few tiny pocketbooks with stuffed animal attached.  I'm going to get some jewelry for fun, part of her visits with her Mimi.  She has gotten into her mom's make-up more than once, and the end result pictures are so funny.

She is also tall and athletic, blue-eyes and light blonde hair, and a force to be reckoned with.  Laughs and giggles all the time.  Can you tell that her Mimi, 71 years old, is madly in love with her (and her 7 year old brother)?  The joys of my old age.

@PamfromCT

Hi Pam,

You sound like you're having a great time being Mimi to your two grandchildren.  Just to repeat back at you, but my GD sound just like yours, matching every description.  That giggle is something else, isn't it?

Does your granddaughter like roller coasters?  Several weeks ago, we went to the local amusement park, Oakes Park, before it closed for the winter, and DH just had to take her on the roller coaster built for kids, which wasn't all that small.  I didn't think she could go on it, but she met the height requirement.  I was nervous, seeing her in that seat with her Opa, I can tell you!  However, she loved it.  When the ride was done, she came running down the ramp and said, "I want to go again.  More, please, Oma!"  She cracks me up!

Hi @sfnative,  These two little girls could be twins!  I don't think mine has ever been on a kiddie roller coaster, but I know she would like it.  

She is fearless, like yours.  They have a large wooden gym set in their yard, with all the climbing ropes, etc., and she amazes us. Like a little monkey.  But she also loves her "babies," and even the real ones.  She goes to daycare twice a week, and they told my DIL she wants to get involved when she sees babies getting fed and sings babies lullabies.  Sounds like these little ladies are an interesting mix of femininity on one side, and fearless on the other.  Such a great way to be.  The best of both.  "She runs in high heels." Can you imagine them grown?  Their world will be full of women, very feminine, and very strong.  By the way, my DH is Opa to our GC.  His parents came from Germany way before WWII.  I chose Mimi because it sounded like it was a fun name.  Oh, how I wish we could get these two little charmers together.  

@PamfromCT

Hi Pam,

We call "fearless" in our GD as having inherited the "thrill gene" from her Mom who got it from her Dad, my husband.  I'll tell you, it scares me - LOL!

My GD hasn't had a chance to walk in heels yet, as DD only gets them down for corporate parties in December and weddings.  I should get mine out and see if she'd like to have some fun with them.  I can just see her in my Weitzman heels with all of her Mardi Gras beads on.  On my goodness, I'd have to make sure to have the camera ready!

And, I'm sure our girls are as strong as oxen, tool.  My GD takes swimming lessons and kicks like nobody's business.  It's one of those kicks you need to avoid when picking her up or you risk injury.  No kidding.

Hope you have a wonderful day. ~Rebecca