Esteemed Contributor

@Nomore  Love Phil Collins but when you mentioned the Moody Blues you really got my attention.  Love them even more. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: Music: Phil Collins?

[ Edited ]

Love Phil Collin's music......and he is an honorary Texan....

Collins became an honorary Texan at the Capitol for his "magnificent collection of historical artifacts" that he donated to the Alamo. 

Collins fell in love with the Alamo's inspiring story as a 5-year-old boy, when he saw the Disney production of Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier. ... That love soon became his “passion” – collecting Alamo artifacts, weapons, relics and original documents. Phil Collins' amazing collection includes hundreds of items.

Singer Phil Collins' Alamo artifacts collection on display

The Alamo and Beyond: A Collector's Journey: Collins, Mr. Phil:  9781933337500: Amazon.com: Books

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I've loved Phil Collins since his days in Genesis. 

I have so many favorite songs .... You'll be in my heart .... Against all odds .... Throwing it all away (with Genesis) .... Take me home .... Easy lover .... Follow you, follow me (with Genesis) .... 

I saw him in concert in the early 90's and he put on a FANTASTIC show!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Music: Phil Collins?

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Phil Collins, "In the air tonight" (First Farewell Tour) - YouTube

@KingstonsMom   Magnificent--that gave me the chills...my favorite piece of music from Phil Collins.  Loved all of Genesis and Phil Collins and had all the albums/cds.  Brings back great memories and still touches me when I hear this great sound!  Thanks for the link!

Respected Contributor

Love, love, love Easy Lover with Phil Collins and Philip Bailey of Earth Wind and Fire......this is a real toe taper! Lol

Honored Contributor

Interesting about the Alamo!

One of my favorite songs of his: "You'll Be in My Heart." I tear up every time I hear it!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Phil Collins, "In the air tonight" (First Farewell Tour) - YouTube

If anyone's interested, the guy playing bass in the video with the long white Merlin-esque beard & hair is Leland Sklar.  He has played either in recording sessions or on tour with everyone from James Taylor to Phil Collins, Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, lots of country & gospel artists, etc. 

He has a YouTube channel & uploads a video every day since the pandemic started either playing along & explaining bass parts, or just playing stuff he's played on (over 25K credits to his name, so there's a lot to choose from)  & telling fun stories about experiences he's had in his 50+ year career as a session & tour player & playing on many movie & TV sound tracks or sometimes just showing his lovely backyard & playing with his 2 Bassett Hound brothers, Marcello & Rossano. 

It's all pretty low tech as he records from a bedroom/office in his & his wife's home in Pasadena, CA, but that's part of the charm & as he says about his friends, he's a "good hang".