Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Jack White: White Stripes

@Annabellethecat66@Lapdog I have been listening to Harry Styles & Sia, love both of their voices. Anyone listen to Sia's song Chandelier? I saw the words, she must have been going thru a really tough time when she wrote this song, her voice is awesome, she also sings California Dreaming, WOW does she, have either of you heard her sing it? What about Harry Styles? You can find both on Youtube. I like John Legend too, what about Bruno Mars & Ke$ha?Ke$ha sings this song called 'Woman', altho there's a little more to the words, warning she uses bad language in this song, but it has a great beat. @Annabellethecat66 I can see you dancing to this song b/c of the beat, not b/c of the words.

Honored Contributor

I listen to everyone you mentioned @Leiloni except Harry Styles.  I haven't given him any attention.  I love John Legend a lot, a long with Bruno Mars.  Did you see the special Bruno Mars at the Apollo?  It was wonderful!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I listen to everyone you mentioned @Leiloni except Harry Styles.  I haven't given him any attention.  I love John Legend a lot, a long with Bruno Mars.  Did you see the special Bruno Mars at the Apollo?  It was wonderful!

@Annabellethecat66 Of course not, I miss all the good stuff. But I can see if Demand has it & watch. Do you ever listen to any old school rock or old school funk dancing music? Thx for the info on Bruno Mars. I'm 100% sure you know this, John Legend is in the Jesus Christ Super Star musicaL, so I heard.

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni When I was pregnant with my first daughter '73 my mother, step-father and I went to the Kennedy Center, in Washington, DC to see Jesus Christ Superstar.  Then when my youngest daughter was in her senior year of high school she had an important role in the school production of Jesus Christ (she sings like an angel).

I like lots of music.  Not all kinds of rap though.  Although one of my favorite rappers is Eminem.  I love, love him!

Are you familiar with Avicii?  He was a record producer, a remixer and a DJ.  He died recently.  Anyway, I listen to Sirius XM radio music.  My favorite guy on there is Larry Flick.  He mainly does interviews with personalities.  He interviewed a young woman who DJ's Satellite radio station 51 music.  She introduced all of us listeners to Avicii's music (mix, etc).  It is wonderful.  Close your eyes and listen:

Go here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_KJAg8bHI

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Leiloni When I was pregnant with my first daughter '73 my mother, step-father and I went to the Kennedy Center, in Washington, DC to see Jesus Christ Superstar.  Then when my youngest daughter was in her senior year of high school she had an important role in the school production of Jesus Christ (she sings like an angel).

I like lots of music.  Not all kinds of rap though.  Although one of my favorite rappers is Eminem.  I love, love him!

Are you familiar with Avicii?  He was a record producer, a remixer and a DJ.  He died recently.  Anyway, I listen to Sirius XM radio music.  My favorite guy on there is Larry Flick.  He mainly does interviews with personalities.  He interviewed a young woman who DJ's Satellite radio station 51 music.  She introduced all of us listeners to Avicii's music (mix, etc).  It is wonderful.  Close your eyes and listen:

Go here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_KJAg8bHI

@Annabellethecat66 I love, love, love Eminem too! That's amazing about your daughter who sang in Super Star, I'm sure she did sound like an angel, does she still sing? With a voice like that, she probably could have pursued a singing career, & I'm sure you were only too proud of her, I would have been! Yes, sadly I do know of Avicii, another terrible tragedy. Thx for the link, I'm going to listen & then it's time for my daily work out. Take care & we'll chat soon.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@Leiloni  Yes, I listen to Sia, Bruno and Harry.  Listened to Avici.  Love the beat.  I will be checking out more of his songs.  Thanks!

Chandelier is in my head a lot.  Earworm?

Check out Pit Bull and Marc Anthony checkout Abigail.  She is hard to find. 

Her album Feel So Good is soooo high energy.

I am also a big fan of Gaga.

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog Love Lady Gaga, I think she isn't given enough credit for her beautiful, clear voice.  I've watched a few 'specials' with her being interviewed, enjoyed it.

Like some Pit Bull, like his personality too.  The only people not familiar with are Marc Anthony (his music) and Abigail.  Will try to remember to look her up.

Have physical theraphy today, busy day.  I can't believe I pay someone to inflict so much pain on me.  Ha!

Beautiful week coming in Va.  Gotta love Va/DC in the Spring!  .....August...not so much.

Honored Contributor

OMG! Just saw Adam Lambert on Kelly!  Forgot about him.  Love him and his music.  One of my favorite all time singers (memories....my late husband and I always requested Freddy Mercury (Queen) songs to dance to).  Adam has been playing with Queen for some time now.

He just announced he was going to be in Las Vegas in September for a few months with Queen.

I think Freddy Mercury had one of the most beautiful (and, again, clear voices).  He could have been very, very famous were he alive today.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, Music Buffs!

How’s this....I’m going to edit the title of this thread to be something like,

”Music: Let’s Talk!”  or. “Music Musings”.

That way new posters will be more apt to open & discuss.

Thoughts? 

@Annabellethecat66

@Leiloni

@Lapdog