Honored Contributor

Re: Jack White: White Stripes

@sidsmom @Lapdog @Leiloni @LyndaGee @StraytoStay

OMG!  I love 'talking' with you guys about music!  I feel like I've found some music 'sistas'!

Music has always been a wonderful part of my life.  I've never been able to understand people who aren't affected by some kind of music.

It's so nice to meet other's who feel similar.  Thanks to all of you for responding to our guy Jack White's postings and thank you @sidsmom for starting it.

So, I was thinking have any of you ever been to Coachella (any of them)?  I always wanted to go (to the old one's which (in my mind) were the REAL one's).

I've read a lot about the 2018 and it really bothered me that Beyonce seemed to take most of the glory because I know there were other performers who were maybe better and at least as good, (without all of the dancers surrounding them).

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@sidsmom @Lapdog @Leiloni @LyndaGee @StraytoStay

OMG!  I love 'talking' with you guys about music!  I feel like I've found some music 'sistas'!

Music has always been a wonderful part of my life.  I've never been able to understand people who aren't affected by some kind of music.

It's so nice to meet other's who feel similar.  Thanks to all of you for responding to our guy Jack White's postings and thank you @sidsmom for starting it.

So, I was thinking have any of you ever been to Coachella (any of them)?  I always wanted to go (to the old one's which (in my mind) were the REAL one's).

I've read a lot about the 2018 and it really bothered me that Beyonce seemed to take most of the glory because I know there were other performers who were maybe better and at least as good, (without all of the dancers surrounding them).

@Annabellethecat66 Thank you for including yours truly. Any time you'd like to chat music I'm here for ya, sista. :-)

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66No, I have not been to Coachella. 

Queen Bey can do no wrong nowadays in a lot of peoples minds.

Happy to discuss music any time. 

I spend a fair amount of time letting Youtube lead me from artist to artist. 

Most recently it's Cam with "Diane" and "Burning"

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@Leilonihave you listened to anything by 2Cellos?   Listening to Thunderstruck.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lapdog No, but will follow up and go on youtube or itunes to listen to see what's new.

I discovered a new radio station on XM Satellite radio.  I used to listen to 'Velvet' on satellite and loved it but they moved and I lost them.

Then when Avicii died and during the memoriam talking about him and his music on Entertainment Weekly, I heard a lovely young girl.  She mentioned Satellite radio 51.  They have music like Jon Legend and others.  It's as close to Velvet but with a bit of a 'twist'.  You know, a little more modern and more upbeat at the same time.  You might tune in.  The music is good.  Believe me when I'm driving in the Va/Md/DC area you need all of the mellow you can find.  These drivers are maniacs!  Ha!  Of course, I'm not.....it's the other people!  Heh! heh!

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog I went on youtube and listened to some of their music.  I loved it!  Depending on my mood, I enjoyed the more mellow music and the upbeat one's.  Thanks again, I think I'll download them onto my Iphone.

I'm traveling to Denver in a few weeks to see my youngest daughter (she's soon 38).  She loves music like I do.  I'll introduce her to these two guys.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.  Also, if you have XM radio you might go to channel 51 and listen to some of their music.  

Like I posted I'd never heard of Avicci.  I've been listening to so many of the songs he introduced and love much of the music.

I'm always ready to listen to new artists.  Although I must admit the oldies still bring back so many good memories of my late husband and myself dancing, dancing the night away......

From Saturday night fever...." Whatcha gonna do now Johnny?"  I'm gonna strut".....go here for good music.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op5FxEs1aR0

Honored Contributor

One of the many best albums ever made was the BeeGees...So many good songs.

You know @Lapdog @LyndaGee @sidsmom I'd go to parties and never drink a thing yet I'd have more fun than many people there.  I'd be dancing around having a great time.  People would say to my husband, "Your wife's really drunk!"  He'd say, "She doesn't drink.  She just loves music and dancing.....that's why I love her".  That was his standard reply.  Ha!

Man!  Could we have fun (us ladies) a dancin' the night away....

These days with my 'chub' I always laugh and say, 'Stand back because once all this get's to movin' ..... well...get outa the way!"  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

@Annabellethecat66No, I have not been to Coachella. 

Queen Bey can do no wrong nowadays in a lot of peoples minds.

Happy to discuss music any time. 

I spend a fair amount of time letting Youtube lead me from artist to artist. 

Most recently it's Cam with "Diane" and "Burning"

@Lapdog I hear ya on the Queen Bey thing, quite frankly I'm tired of it. It's her world & aren't we lucky to be living in it, lol. No 2Cellos, sorry.  I will go to Youtube asap & give a listen for you.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  You are absolutely precious!!!!

Respected Contributor

He was on with Colbert the other night, singing what they called extended commercial jingles.  Funny!  Also performed his latest song, which was great.