Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids my favorite version of Desperado was sung by Linda Ronstatt. I guess I identify more with a woman singing it to a man.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely, @chessylady -- my favorite version of Desperado is by Linda Ronstadt.  But, it was The Eagles' version of Desperado that first got me hooked on The Eagles and I bought all their old and future albums after that.  I have The Eagles' Greatest Hits album on vinyl, cassette, and two on CD.  Gotta have one handy at all times.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Love the Eagles!!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Big Eagles fan here.  🐦 🎶 My favorite song of theirs is I Can't Tell You Why.... But Lyin Eyes is a close second.  I guess my first love of them stemmed from when Glenn Frey and Don Henley were in Linda Ronstadt's band.  I love her, also.  🐎🐎

Saw them all in concert many times back in the day. ❤🎵

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I love so many of their songs. I don't think I have a favorite. Already Gone is definitely one of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

Loved them from the very first time I listened. My favorite is their Desperado album; I think I wore grooves in the grooves on that one. Still so sad that we lost Glenn Frey, he was so talented, not to mention very nice eye candy. Loved when he was on Miami Vice. I've been to many, many concerts; it was different back in the 70s and bands played all the time. For the Eagles to be one of my favorite all-time performers, I never got to see them. Guessing they didn't come to the south very often. I liked both Glenn Frey and Don Henley as individual recorders, too. Thanks for this post; think I'll search an Eagles station on Pandora to remind me of their many, many recordings. 

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB 

Linda Ronstadt was a fave of mine too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

absolutely---went to their concert in 1975 in Seattle --think I paid $10 a ticket. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Music: Any Eagles Fans?

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

The best...saw Don Henley in concert...amazing.  Every song is a favorite, but....these come to mind.

Sunset Grill

Eagles-Sunset Grill-Live from Melbourne 2005 - YouTube

In a New York Minute

Eagles-New York Minute-Hell Freezes Over 1994 - YouTube

And this one sends me to the moon....

Those Shoes (live, and not the best quality:

Eagles "Those Shoes" 2018 - YouTube

A better version:

Those Shoes (2013 Remaster) - YouTube

And, of course, Witchy Woman Cat LOL

Witchy Woman (Live at The Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 10/20-22/1976) - YouTube

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom Yes, always loved her voice and gorgeous, too.  👸💕

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread