Trusted Contributor

Re: Murders of Muslim Men in Albuquerque

@Mz iMac I posted what they are saying the motive was from New York Times. I posted his name (as others have) from what I read on CNN. 

It's all over the news.

Honored Contributor

I also saw this on the news-and these murders took place since last November.

How very troubling and sad.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Saw it on the news yesterday.  Only had the car with a possible connection.  Interviewed some family.  So, so sad.  The brother said he didn’t care to live anymore.  And scary.  Thanks for sharing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A man arrested as the prime suspect in the serial killing of four Muslim men in Albuquerque is believed to be a Sunni Muslim himself, it has been reported.

Police named the man as 51-year-old Muhammad Syed, who lived in southeast Albuquerque. 

He emigrated from Afghanistan 'in the last few years', police said on Tuesday, and had several misdemeanor run-ins with the police.

'As detectives prepared to search Syed's home on Monday, Syed drove from the residence in the Volkswagen Jetta that detectives believe was used in at least one of the murders,' police said in a statement.

'Detectives detained Syed and searched his home and the vehicle.

'They discovered evidence that further tied Syed to the murders.

'Detectives discovered evidence that show the offender knew the victims to some extend and an interpersonal conflict may have led to the shootings.'

Syed has been charged with two of the murders that have rocked New Mexico's largest city: the July 26 killing of Aftab Hussein, 41, and the August 1 death of Muhammad Afzaal Hussain, 27. Both men moved to the U.S. from Pakistan.

Police say the gun used in those two shootings was found in Syed's home.

The other two victims were both Afghan-born: Mohammad Zahir Ahmadi, 62 and Naeem Hussain, 25.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44, that individual (can't refer to him as a father) was just convicted a few hours ago in his "honor" killings of his two daughters.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

@Cakers3 wrote:

I also saw this on the news-and these murders took place since last November.

How very troubling and sad.

@Cakers3  One was last November, three were in the past two weeks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@skatting44, that individual (can't refer to him as a father) was just convicted a few hours ago in his "honor" killings of his two daughters.

@Etoile308   Of whom are you speaking?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Yaser Said.  He was finally convicted today of killing his daughters in 2008.