Honored Contributor

Murders of Muslim Men in Albuquerque

Did you hear on the national news about the four Muslim men who were ambushed and brutally shot last week?  The Albuquerque police chief just announced that a suspect has been arrested and charged in two of the cases and they're working on charges on the other two.

It will be interesting to hear a motive since the man charged has a Muslim name.

Kudos to the local, state police and FBI who had almost no information to use to solve these cases.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Murders of Muslim Men in Albuquerque

Yes it was all over my news feeds.  Will be interesting to heat the rest of the story.  They said your city was very frightened.  Kudos to your Police.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The suspect has a Muslim name?  First or last name?  This is an interesting twist if it is the last name.

I've been following this story of horrible carnage on the evening news for a few weeks.  How odd it will be if these killings have been "grudge" murders and not what have been suspected, hate crimes.  

I wonder if the suspect is actually a practicing Muslim and how he has been linked to two of the deceased.  Maybe he'll be linked to the other two eventually.

Interviews with Muslim males in Albuquerque have made it clear that they are fearful of what is going on.

Honored Contributor

I am glad they have a suspect and yes, it was a quick arrest.  If guilty this person should get his just punishment for this terrible deed and I hope it is as swift as the arrest.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Yes it was all over my news feeds.  Will be interesting to heat the rest of the story.  They said your city was very frightened.  Kudos to your Police.

@spiderw   Wow, and the politicians haven't even finished making their speeches yet.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I read about it yesterday online.  Glad the suspect is in custody...DW

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The suspect has a Muslim name?  First or last name?  This is an interesting twist if it is the last name.

I've been following this story of horrible carnage on the evening news for a few weeks.  How odd it will be if these killings have been "grudge" murders and not what have been suspected, hate crimes.  

I wonder if the suspect is actually a practicing Muslim and how he has been linked to two of the deceased.  Maybe he'll be linked to the other two eventually.

Interviews with Muslim males in Albuquerque have made it clear that they are fearful of what is going on.

@golding76    I don't remember his name but they did say charges against him are being prepared in the other two cases.

It was so sad because these four deceased men were all outstanding members of the community and had loving families.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes, it's been all over our local news since it happened. Absolutely abominable.

Honored Contributor

this is so very sad.......

where did you read the name of the suspect/man who was arrested? everything i have read so far doesnt mention anything really about the suspect except posting a photo of the car involved? @Kachina624 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

From The New York Times:

Ahmad Assed, the president of the Islamic Center of New Mexico, a mosque that at least three of the victims had attended, said the authorities told him that the suspect was a Sunni Muslim, and may have targeted the victims because he was angry over his daughter marrying a Shiite Muslim.

From CNN:

Police in Albuquerque have arrested a 51-year-old man in connection to the recent killings of Muslim men in the city. Police said Muhammad Syed is considered the “primary suspect” in the deaths.