Honored Contributor

Re: Murder/suicide (Caution senstive material)

Geez - probably if the mother would have left him and taken the children she would have been able to get the baby on medicade and the state would have paid for the kid's meds.

Honored Contributor

If this is the family in Sinking Springs, PA  yes it is very sad. Like someone else mentioned, it doesn't really matter at this point who did what as they are all gone. I just can't imagine killing your children and your dog, all innocent souls

Respected Contributor

How very sad for all involved! The mother came from a town near me. I only wish these people who do this would be selfish and go first!😉 My first thought was the mother, but, who knows right now. I had no reason other than she had a troubled look in her eyes and he looked very gentile. But hey, looks can be deceiving! We will know more soon. Meanwhile, prayers to all involved or effected by this tragedy!🙏

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

I don't think there's any real answers when something this horrible happens. Too many unanswered questions. We just don't know what sets some people off. Sometimes they don't even know. It's just horribly sad.

Honored Contributor

Someone wasn't able to handle their emotions,and thoughts, there could have been money problems, i don't know how a person kills their kids,or anyone, sounds like they just had no hope.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't get what is taking so long to figure out who did the shooting - it seems the party with the gun in their hand or near by and with residue on their hand would be pretty simple to figure out. Maybe they conspired and each did some. 

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Shorty2U - very sad....why the dog??? I think when a person does this kind of thing it boils down to months and months and months of severe stress and sadness.  The person just becomes psychotically depressed and sees no other way out.  About 6 ish years ago a grandmother killed her daughter and two grand daughters, then herself a block away from where we live.  The daughter was a former colleague of my husband.  She was relocating to another state.  She had talked to my husband and he said that they could stay with us.  She declined as the grandmother new friends who had a house down the street....that was a tough one to get over....my son had spent time with the girls at a few company get togethers.  I didn't tell him what happened until he was older.  My husband was racked with guilt ....if they would've stayed with us....he thought it wouldn't have happened.  No winners.  I get anxious just thinking about it again....jeez.

Why the children?

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 - the daughter was going through a custody battle with her ex.  Allegations fueled by grandmother's obsession/fixation that her granddaughters were being s@xually abused by their dad.  This was unfounded.  A female deputy came to the house to notify them that the judge had ruled.  She was only able to get a boot in the door...the grandmother freaked out because she thought the worst (dad gets kids) and then shot everyone and herself.  A lot more to the story .....just heart-breaking.  

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Authorities stated very soon after the murders that they were 99.9 percent sure who did it.  Also, an autopsy was done only on the husband.  Just because they haven't announced it to the world does not mean that they do not know who committed the crime.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@lulu2 - the daughter was going through a custody battle with her ex.  Allegations fueled by grandmother's obsession/fixation that her granddaughters were being s@xually abused by their dad.  This was unfounded.  A female deputy came to the house to notify them that the judge had ruled.  She was only able to get a boot in the door...the grandmother freaked out because she thought the worst (dad gets kids) and then shot everyone and herself.  A lot more to the story .....just heart-breaking.  

I was responding to your comment, why the dog?