Respected Contributor

I have friends who owned a house that the rented out. One night the husband shot the wife to death in the house. Neighbors heard the shots and called the Sheriff. The Sheriff officers came to the house and the shooter came out side, pointed the gun at them and they shot him. So it was a murder and a suicide by cop.

My friends, then had many inquiries about renting the home. People wanted to rent it, because someone was murdered there. That is so weird. They eventually sold the home. It was such a tragedy

Trusted Contributor

Golding, I feel the same way. Another house that I could never live in ( which recently sold) is the former home of Chris and Shannon Watts.

Honored Contributor

For me, it's one thing if a person died peacefully in a home.  We all know with older homes, that's a likely possibility.

But when an act of pure evil has been committed in the home - nope, never going to buy or live in that home.  I'd rather see it razed to the ground.

Honored Contributor

Now that this must have set in for him, I wonder what thoughts he's having.  Think over time, most family members will have very little to do with him. Maybe not his brothers. Time will tell.  In a way, I hope someone keeps us updated on "the rest of the story".

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Murdaugh estate sold

[ Edited ]

Fox Carolina News,  Greenville, SC....3/23/23

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (FOX Carolina) - The deed for the sale of Moselle, the Murdaugh family’s hunting lodge in the Lowcountry, was filed on Wednesday.

According to the real estate title, the 1,700-acre property was purchased by James Ayer and Jeffrey Godley for $3.9 million

Money from the sale will go toward Alex Murdaugh’s outstanding legal fees, Buster Murdaugh, victims in the 2019 boat crash, and Palmetto State Bank.

We do not yet know what is planned for the property.

An auction is being held Thursday in Pembroke, Georgia where items from inside the Moselle home will be sold to the highest bidder.

Stay with FOX Carolina for details on this developing story.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

The media loves this kind of stuff....the public will kept updated on every facet of  "the rest of the story" whether we are interested or not. It has made for TV movie all over it.

Trusted Contributor

As an aside, I saw an interview by Mark Tinsley, Mallory Beach's attorney. He was asked to opine on how long he thought Alex had been planning the murders.

He believed it was at least six months. That goes along with the only part of his testimony that was believable...whoever did this had been planning it for a long time.  

Super Contributor

I really only care about the dogs. 

Although I suppose I do care about the possible guilt of the remaining son.  I hope Buster is brought to trial for the murder of Stephen Smith.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

I hope the self-proclaimed witness who says he saw Buster kill Steven isn't just someone wanting to take out the other son with a false accusation, that would be horrible. Some think Alex killed him because he disapproved of the relationship Steven and Buster had...and even that seems to be speculation at this point. 

Trusted Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Fox Carolina News,  Greenville, SC....3/23/23

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (FOX Carolina) - The deed for the sale of Moselle, the Murdaugh family’s hunting lodge in the Lowcountry, was filed on Wednesday.

According to the real estate title, the 1,700-acre property was purchased by James Ayer and Jeffrey Godley for $3.9 million

Money from the sale will go toward Alex Murdaugh’s outstanding legal fees, Buster Murdaugh, victims in the 2019 boat crash, and Palmetto State Bank.

We do not yet know what is planned for the property.

An auction is being held Thursday in Pembroke, Georgia where items from inside the Moselle home will be sold to the highest bidder.

Stay with FOX Carolina for details on this developing story.

It will definitely be interesting to learn what the new owners are going to do with the property. I hope the first course of action would be to tear down the dog kennels. 

I am not sure how they could look at that area without the murders running through their heads.