Respected Contributor

Moselle, the Murdaugh family estate,  was sold yesterday for $3.9M. Sounds like a bargain for the home on so many acres. The furniishings are being sold and reports are they are selling at very inflated prices; perhaps some people want to own a piece of that family's furniture or other things. I don't think I would want any part of it. One sofa sold for $14K and some lamps sold for $2k......I hope any proceeds go to the murdered housekeeper's family. 

Honored Contributor

He cheated so many people out of money, I bet there are many clains on the estate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I saw that and can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would want a piece of Murdaugh history.

I wouldn't want any property that two people were annihilated on either, no matter what the price was. 

Honored Contributor

For me, anything from that estate would be tainted by death and evil.  I'm weird that way.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

For me, anything from that estate would be tainted by death and evil.  I'm weird that way.

@golding76 

Not so weird - I feel the same way, and I bet a lot of other people do too.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

It's a curse

Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags @golding76 @@I'd definitely feel that way! Watching the Murdaugh Murders series on Netflix right now. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Murdaugh estate sold

[ Edited ]

I have seen and heard enough about that evil man and his crimes. Now they are investigating the Steven Smith death as a homicide, so am sure Buster will be all over the news, and one report I read said Alex himself may have murdered him...although a so-called witness said he personally saw Buster hit Steven in the head with a baseball bat. If that's true, where has he been for the past few years when it happened and why didn't he come forward and report it? Seems like everything sordid or criminal involves this family.

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 - Given the power of the Murdaugh family until this latest trial, any witness to a crime committed by a member of the family, might've been too frightened to come forward.

Add to that the fear of not being believed and of retaliation.

Steven Smith's mother (and even the police) have never believed he died as a result of a hit and run.  But powerful, corrupt families have ways of controlling the narrative.  Until now, that is.

I'm sure Alex Murdaugh thought he'd get away with murder.

Respected Contributor

You make an excellent point. I had not thought about fear of retaliation, but that may be a legit reason he had not come forward. The Murdaughs ruled or had influence everywhere. Still, if you witnessed a murder, it seems you would find a way to let the authorites know. I think that the authorities were content to pronounce the death a hit-and-run and just pronouned the case closed. Now they are saying they never closed the case and knew it was probably a homicide, but they may have also been intimidated by Murdaugh. Or they may just be trying to cover their own butts for sloppy work.