Respected Contributor

It's official; Murdaugh is turning himself in for his drug dealer arrangement to shoot him for the insurance money.  You cannot make this stuff up.  There is a warrant and he will be arraigned at 4pm tomorrow.  

Respected Contributor

Mugshot just released today.

33BAD29E-7F8A-4528-99E1-96FF27FAA8E7.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Murdaugh Murder Mystery

[ Edited ]

Was there life insurance on his wife,and son?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I think they need to look into the wellbeing of this man's legal clients as well. Whether through fraud or murder, he'd have ample opportunity to abuse their trust. I mean, if he'd steal from work on this scale or kill his housekeeper for financial gain (which hasn't yet been proven), there would be nothing stopping him from doing it to a client -- if he thought he wouldn't be caught or face any consequences.

He was certainly in quite a bind (of his own making) that he couldn't get out of. If you owe huge amounts of money to legit sources, you can eventually declare bankruptcy and somewhat move on with your life. Your life doesn't have to be over. If you owe big money to criminals or organized crime, they will never leave you alone and there is no one you can turn to.

It's like an over the top novel. You can't sell a fiction book with characters like this because no one considers them believable.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

Murdaugh allegedly paid Curtis Edward Smith to kill him so that his surviving son could collect the benefits of a$10,000,000 life insurance policy. Murdaugh who is an attorney mistakenly believed that his life insurance would not pay off if he took his own life. Smith has been arrested but not Murdaugh. There seems to be no end to this story. 

@50Mickey   I saw that earlier. We know our life insurance policy inside out and I'm surprised an attorney was not aware of the suicide clause, considering some policies do pay out for suicide after a period of time.

It makes me wonder if he used the insurance policy as the reason he set up the "assisted suicide" scene and what an incompetent  hit-person.

Unless it was on purpose that Curtis Smith deliberately miss.

What a mess.  Reminds me of the Stuart case in Boston in the 1980's.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  I bet my last dollar there was life insurance on his wife and son.  Shaking my head on the reopening of the death of their housekeeper.  

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop   I read that he paid $500,000 to settle a wrongful death suit in this case.  But there is no other information that I can find on this. If his other son, the one they call Buster is not involved in any of this I feel for him. 

Respected Contributor

Not surprised to hear Murdaugh's wife consulted a divorce attorney prior to her death.  No doubt in my mind that sick disgusting excuse of a human murdered his wife, son and housekeeper.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My gosh.  That's all I can say right now.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

'Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.'

Sir Walter Scott

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).